Waihe'e Tunnel Tour
Walk in a 1,500 foot dike tunnel to see, feel and hear water at its very source.
This dike water source supplies water to Windward O'ahu, from Kahalu'u to
1. Where does water come from?
2. Describe the hydrologic cycle.
3. Describe the following terms: aquifer, artesian well, caprock, brackish
4. What are other sources of fresh water?
5. At what elevation do rain clouds form?
6. Will Hawaii have enough water in the future for its 1 million + consumers.
7. What is the Hawaiian word for water and why was it considered so
8. Which district receives this water?
9. How do you personally reduce your use of water?