SCOTT A. SHIPPY, MBA, PMP +1.303.663.9775(Home)
1649 Marsh Hawk Circle +1.303.827.5541(Mobile)
Castle Rock, CO 80109 email@example.com
Director Information Technologies
A multifaceted leader with a strong IT oriented career and an MBA in New Technology
Management. Key strengths in completing projects on time/under budget, building effective teams,
IT transformation and conversion projects focused on solving complicated IT problems by
implementing new processes while being flexible to technology. Professional expertise includes:
• Data Conversion • Data Center Management • Broadcasting (Radio & TV)
• Project Management • Budgeting • Cable and Satellite Industry
• Strategic Planning • Change Management • International IT Projects
• Development Lifecycle • Logistics • Technology Implementations
Exceptionally skilled at leading technical discussions, while managing the message to the
Rocky Mountain Project Specialists, LLC – Denver Sept. 2009 to Project
Providing Project Management Office and International Business Solution related consulting to a
variety of firms in the Technology, Health Care, and Manufacturing sectors. Engagements
including support of PMO analysis, building to a workable framework that organizations can be
assured will have a high adoption rate.
CONVERGYS – Denver Feb. 2003 – Sept. 2009
Director - International Cable / Satellite Solution Strategy and Implementation
Provided global IT, project, and product delivery leadership of a global workforce. Scope of work is
primarily within the Cable and Satellite sector with clients that include: Cox Communication,
Charter, Time Warner Cable, Suddenlink, SKY New Zealand, & Virgin Media UK. Specific
• Establishing project lifecycle standards • Analog to Digital Video Transition
• Operational Support System (OSS) new • Data Center Implementation
technology implementations • Provisioning / order management
• Billing system conversions • International Cable & Satellite SME
• Web Portal Implementations • Product solutioning & strategy
Key successes included:
1. Coordinated the re-engineering of Cable Product Delivery to include: restructure of delivery
teams and the development of a standard “Implementation Playbook”.
2. Reduced overall team travel by 40%, while improving delivery of products and services (an
effort that promoted a “work smarter, not harder” philosophy).
3. Migration lead Director for the Time Warner Cable, Virgin Media, Charter and Suddenlink
billing system data from legacy systems (e.g. Adelphia in-house, CSG, DST) to the Convergys
ICOMS billing system within both customer and Convergys Data Centers.
4. Provided sales engineering and delivery support to all major global sales initiatives.
5. Global Satellite & Cable technical and communication lead over $200M in annual pipeline
sales support activities.
Scott A. Shippy, MBA, PMP Page 2
AT&T BROADBAND – Denver, CO Nov. 1998 – Nov. 2002
Director, IT & Billing Systems,
Managed teams from 5 to 200 people in small to large-scale software development, system
implementation and mobile work force management projects for AT&T Broadband. Built effective
enterprise standards for project management lifecycle.
• Directed a remote data center operation that supported 70+ corporate facing applications,
with duties that included: staffing, hardware procurement, contracting for software and
support services, as well as scheduling for 7x24 staffing needs.
• Saved $5 million on required desktop upgrades and WAN infrastructure improvements
through the deployment of a CITRIX thin client solution.
• Improved project management practices by developing the corporate standard processes.
• Reduced field-operating costs by $24 million annually through the nationwide implementation
of automated work force management technology.
• Project managed a $50 million customer care and billing system implementation while
ensuring the continued operation of over 100 downstream software applications.
EMPAK, INC. – Colorado Springs, CO Nov. 1993 – Nov. 1998
IT Systems and Development Manager
Analyzed business practices and procedures within a manufacturing environment. Determined
appropriate computer systems that would increase productivity and profitability. Duties included
staff management, project supervision, budgeting, and coordination of IT and business activities.
• Implemented 6 ERP, 2 accounting, and 10 billing systems domestically and internationally
(i.e. Malaysia, Germany, S. Korea)
• Devised a 7X24 Information Services support plan for 8 international and 5 domestic offices.
• Co-Pioneered, with Motorola, the first internet connectivity solution to Northern Malaysia as a
solution point of deploying IT systems to a new international manufacturing center.
• Saved over $100K a year in unnecessary travel through partnering with local vendors at
remote locations to perform needed IT work.
I.B.S. – Colorado Springs, CO 1992 – 1993
Coordinated and implemented various nationwide support efforts for non-profit organizations.
Other job duties included the computerization of the United States administration department and
supervision of 35 employees.
LOWELL BROWN ENTERPRISES – Santa Paula, CA 1990 – 1992
Marketing and Systems Consultant
Managed a nationwide customer base through the implementation of new computer hardware and
software accounting systems.
KDAR RADIO – Oxnard, CA 1988 – 1990
Directed the daily operations and supervised the 12 member on-air talent staff of a Los Angeles
area radio station. Implemented first generation data networking, content management, and
automated programming capabilities for this a Southern California market radio station.
Scott A. Shippy, MBA, PMP Page 3
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION’S
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification 2000
Project Management Institute (Re-certified through 2011)
M.B.A., New Technologies Management 1999
University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, CO
B.S., Communications 1988
Northwestern College, St. Paul, MN
CTAM Member – The Cable & Telecommunications Association provides it members with industry
networking, research and continuous education on the topics relevant to the ongoing growth of
individuals and companies.
Project Management Institute (PMI) Member – An internationally recognized organization in
promoting, educating and setting the standards in the use of project management methodologies.
ICAN/FOCUS Alumni – A professional mentoring organization that attracts Director and above
levels, from Fortune 500 companies, to participate in a year long program focusing on personal
growth, understanding the global perspective on business, goal setting and leadership
• India • Israel • Japan • Canada • Nigeria
• Papua New Guinea • Philippines • Europe • South Korea • Australia
• New Zealand • UK • Mexico • Malaysia • Singapore
• Taiwan • Sweden • Brazil • Chile • Argentina
Familiar with adapting business practices to foreign cultures and customs. Current on all
international travel documents and shots.