(Monday, 5 April 2010)
The Situation Report of 5 April 2010, with relevant photos, is posted at
It may also be downloaded as a Word file from http://www.ateneo.edu/upp/sitrep_doc/Sitrep_050410.doc
POWER: Power supply has been relatively stable in the last three weeks but the prospects of rotating
outages are likely this summer. The schedule of outages if relayed to Ateneo early will be
announced via email. If the notice is received only an hour or two before the scheduled outage, the
information will be disseminated by phone.
WATER: Last Tuesday, 30 March Manila Water Company, Inc. (MWCI) conducted maintenance work
at the Loyola Heights campus. MWCI water supply was disrupted for four hours but this was not felt on
campus as cisterns and overhead tanks were full and supplied water. The maintenance work did not
expose the distribution lines to contamination but just the same, water samples will be taken for
evaluation this month.
TRAFFIC: Graduation 2010 traffic and parking data collected by campus security is shown below:
1. The number of people at the Loyola Schools’ Baccalaureate Mass is based on the number of chairs counted by security before the
mass. All the chairs were occupied.
2. The number of vehicles that entered the campus for the commencement exercises and the number of vehicles that parked on
campus were also counted by security. This information is useful in the preparation for the next commencement exercises. .
3. Campus security claims that traffic and parking for the commencement exercises this year were easier to manage compared to
previous years due to:
a. Deployment of more guards by school units to manage the flow of traffic and regulate parking:
i. Grade School – from 14 to 23 guards
ii. Loyola Schools (SOM & SOSE) – from 18 to 25 guards
iii. Loyola Schools (SOSS & SOH) – from 18 to 27 guards
iv. High School – from 14 to 23 guards
b. Implementation of a one way scheme at the High School carpark and no double parking.
c. Effective use of shuttle service by the Grade School and Loyola Schools for faculty, staff, and students. Many vehicles
parked at the North and Northwest carparks instead of crowding at the High School and Bellarmine parking.
d. The High School’s electronic board that directed vehicles where to park.
4. Staggered commencement exercises of the adjacent schools. Katipunan traffic was not adversely affected by the staggered
commencement exercises of Kostka School, Miriam College and Ateneo.
Holy Week Traffic
Traffic at the Loyola Heights campus during
the Holy Week was busy due to activities
held on campus. The number of vehicles
that entered the campus was also counted
for planning purposes as similar activities
are expected next year.
Grade School Traffic: Traffic may be heavier than usual at the Grade School Complex area due to new
motorists on campus on the following days:
Monday, 5 April: 7:30 - 11:00 a.m. Grade 1 Transferee Exams 220
Tuesday, 6 April: 7:30 - 11:00 a.m. Grade 1 Transferee Exams 220
1:00 - 4:30 p.m. Grades 2 to 6 Transferee Exams 188
Wednesday, 7 April: 7:30 - 11:30 a.m. Grades 2 to 6 Transferee Exams 188
Thursday, 8 April: 7:30 – 11:30 a.m. Distribution of Report Cards 3,700+
1:00 – 4:00 p.m. Distribution of Report Cards
Tricycles: The implementation of the tricycle ban along Katipunan by MMDA is spotty. Tricycles
continue to ply Katipunan Avenue when MMDA personnel are not around to enforce the tricycle ban.
The 2010 Gate Pass Stickers are now available (please visit
SECURITY: Personal items that were found and returned at the end of the semester:
Loyola Heights Campus
1. 8:10 p.m. Saturday, 13 Mar.: Sports T-shirt in a box found by SGS EDGAR V BULA at the parking area.
2. 2:00 p.m. Wednesday, 17 Mar.: Black wallet with cash
3. 4:45 p.m. Wednesday, 17 Mar.: Cell phone found by ALVIO B. GARZON (shown in the picture), driver of White tricycle 067.
4. 5:46 p.m. Wednesday, 17 Mar.: Cell phone found by Mr. Garzon (tricycle 067 driver) is shown being claimed by the owner, a High
School student at the security office.
Page 2 of 3
5. 5:04 p.m. Friday, 19 Mar.: Cell phone found by SG EDGAR Q VALDINAR (not shown in the picture) in De la Costa Hall. The owner,
a coed is shown claiming her phone at the security office.
6. 5:45 p.m. Tuesday, 23 Mar.: Brown Wallet with cash found by LS student ALEX ABREU at the SEC-A walkway. The wallet with
cash was claimed by the owner at the security office on the same day.
7. 5:45 p.m. Friday, 26 Mar.: Cell phone found by SG EDGAR A CALONGE at the Northwest carpark. The cell phone was claimed by
the LS coed at the security office in the evening of the same day.
8. 1:15 a.m. Tuesday, 30 Mar.: Cell phone found by SG JECSON N RUTAGINES at the lobby of the University Dormitory.
9. 2:10 p.m. Friday, 26 Mar.: Cell phone found by Diars housekeeping personnel MR. LITO A. ANTIVEROS at the 3rd Floor. This was
claimed by Law School coed at the Physical Plant-Makati office on the same day.
The following major improvement projects will be started on Thursday, 15 April:
1. Concreting of roads and parking area beside the Blue Eagle Gym.
2. Asphalt paving of center lane of North carpark.
3. Access road for ID pick-up at Gate 3.
4. Asphalt overlay at the diversion road.
5. Repainting of Gates 1, 2, 2.5. 3 and 3.5 together with the fence along Katipunan Avenue.
6. Repainting of campus signs and road signages.
7. Water line to public urinals in carparks and gates.
There is a new trash collection contractor at the Loyola Heights campus as of Thursday, 1 April 2010.
Please email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the University Physical Plant website at http://www.ateneo.edu/index.php?p=472
Page 3 of 3