Interactive Architect and Online Manager
Action for Healthy Kids is hiring a full‐time interactive architect and online manager to lead
efforts to maximize the organization’s dynamic Web site with their web production and
interactive expertise and skills. Working with staff, you’ll strategize, create, deploy and monitor
online communications, relationship building and fundraising strategies in conjunction with
offline strategies to help this national nonprofit raise revenue, cultivate prospective donors,
build visibility, drive web traffic, and increase volunteer engagement for its mission of
addressing childhood obesity and undernourishment.
• Front‐end Web developer with technical experience.
• Leader who can deliver content management services to maximize use of Convio CMS
tools, eCRM, and Web 2.0.
• Project manager, tracking and reporting on activities.
• Lead the development of processes and infrastructure necessary to streamline and
effectively and efficiently use organization’s web tools.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintaining and updating the organization’s Web site.
• Maintaining constituent database of online registered users.
• Monitoring and reporting on key metrics monthly to adapt and strengthen web usage
and marketing strategies. Track and report on all site metrics using Google Analytics and
backend Convio reporting: traffic, unique visitors, online donations, read and click‐
through rates, housefile growth, etc.
• Coordinating web projects across departments and in support of state‐based affiliates.
• Working with a cross‐departmental team to develop and manage strategy and master
calendar for all online properties.
• Maintaining and expanding Web 2.0 and social networking initiatives, including
Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, MySpace and use of text messaging to improve
outreach, advocacy, constituent database building and fundraising opportunities.
• Keeping current with emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, and
events, including Convio.
• Minimum 3‐5 years experience in online production work with the following required
skills and experiences: strong open source CMS platform experience, including Drupal,
Joomla, Convio or Kintera; eCRM and other core Web development skills (HTML, CSS);
graphic design; editing; email formatting and simple data work; hands‐on experience
with Web 2.0 technologies.
• Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate complex technical
details to a non‐technical audience.
• Ability to strategize and collaborate with staff; formulate an approach; and individually
• Solid PC skills to facilitate testing, trouble‐shooting and problem solving.
• Excellent computer/Internet skills with proficiency in Adobe suite, and Microsoft Office
including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Experience creating successful Web 2.0 campaigns and videos.
• Knowledge of non‐profit community and experience with online marketing, outreach
and fund‐raising is most helpful.
• Detail oriented and well organized.
• Self‐starter, self‐directed and independent thinker; professional appearance and
• Able to prioritize, manage and execute multiple high priority tasks and projects, and
follow‐through. Strong time and stress management skills.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
How to apply
To apply, please go to
You will be instructed on how to submit your cover letter and resume.
No telephone inquiries please.
Action for Healthy Kids is the nation’s leading nonprofit and largest, active volunteer network
fighting childhood obesity and undernourishment by working with schools to help kids learn to
eat right, be active every day, and be ready to learn. We provide expertise, volunteers,
programs and resources to help schools improve their nutrition and physical education and
activity so children develop lifelong healthy habits. These efforts are supported by more than 65
leading associations, corporations and governmental agencies, and more than 14,000
volunteers nationwide. More information is available at www.ActionForHealthyKids.org.
Action for Healthy Kids is an Equal Opportunity Employer