Braden and Braden Q
Go Live January 26th, 2012
Summary of Change: The initiation of the Braden Score and Pressure Ulcer within
the Braden Advisor will now share those results with HED. Documentation happens
within one system and no more double documentation will be required.
• Changing • Not Changing
Braden is being integrated with Braden Advisor, no changes
HED so that starting a new
Pressure Ulcer in Braden will Skin Assessment
start a new PU Wound in HED
Braden Links located in Care
Organizer and HED will open Pressure Ulcer Assessment in
HEO/Wiz without exiting HED HED if applicable
Braden Score from Braden Pressure Ulcer Prevention
Advisor will share results with Orders automatically generate
HED to HEO/WIZ from Braden
Pressure Ulcer/Stage from
Braden Advisor documentation
will share results with HED
The Braden Score will no
longer generate an order in
Braden Advisor Links
Day of Go Live
January 26th, 2012
Stays the Same:
1. System Support Services Staff providing support day of Go-Live, then Help Desk 3-help.
2. Pressure Ulcer policy for Adult CL 30-09.01 and Peds CL 30-19.03 with no changes.
3. Braden Advisor is not changing.
4. Braden Advisor links are in Care Organizer and HED.
a. Orders generated automatically from Braden Advisor.
5. Day of Go-Live: One time requirement. On day of go-live, for patients with existing pressure
ulcers, those pressure ulcers must be ended in HED. After ending the pressure ulcers, go to Braden
Advisor through your Braden Scale links in HED or Care Organizer, to access HEO/Wiz and complete
Braden score and re-create the pressure ulcers. Systems Support Services (SSS) staff will assist staff
who have patients with pressure ulcers to end existing Pressure Ulcers and restart from Braden to
establish Braden-HED linkage. Staff who need to document Braden on patients without existing
pressure ulcers do NOT need to wait on SSS staff to assist them.
6. Access the Braden Advisor from HED or Care Organizer, complete the Braden Screen and re-start
the Pressure Ulcer(s)
a. The Braden Score will appear in HED automatically under the Skin Section.
b. Pressure Ulcer(s) will automatically appear in HED under the Incision/Wound Assessment
c. Document the remaining assessment elements in HED.
(NOTE: Pressure Ulcer Documentation started in HED will NOT go to the Braden Advisor. It’s a
one way street, Braden to HED.)
7. Skin Assessment continues in HED.
8. Pressure reduction devices and beds still ordered through PMM.