Heavy Industries Taxila
Budget Marketing & Procurement
Directorate (CP Branch)
Taxila Cantt, Pakistan
Fax No: 051-9314151
7 May 2012
Subject: TENDER INQUIRY ON FOB BASIS
1. You are invited to tender for the supply of stores detailed in the enclosed schedule
2. Preparation of Tender
a. The tender is liable to be ignored if complete information is NOT given therein or if
the particulars and date (if any), asked for in schedule to the tender, are NOT fully
filled in. Particular attention must be paid to delivery dates and also to the particulars
referred to general conditions of the tender as supply has to comply with them.
b. Individual signing tender and or other documents connected with contract must
“Whether signing as sole proprietor of the Supplier or his attorney. Whether
signing as “Registered Active Partner” of the Supplier or his attorney. Whether
signing for the firm “Per Production”.
3. Delivery of Tenders Tenders/quotations will be prepared in two PARTS i.e TECHNICAL
QUOTATION (PART-I) and COMMERCIAL QUOTATION PART-II). Part-I (Technical
Quotation) will indicate technical specification with relevant details. Part-II (Commercial Quotation)
will indicate commercial terms i.e. price/rates, terms of payment mode of supply (FOB Basis) and
delivery schedule etc.
4. Part-I and Part-II quotations will be enclosed in separate sealed envelopes for each tender
inquiry. For identification purpose, the words “TECHNICAL QUOTATION PART-I WITHOUT
PRICE” and COMMERCIAL QUOTATION (PART-II) WITH PRICE” shall be written in BLOCK
CAPITAL LETTERS on the respective sealed envelopes which will be placed in a large envelope
bearing complete details of the tender inquiry as under :-
5. Postal Order for Rs.200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) in favour of Managing Director
APC (F) HIT Taxila Cantt will invariably be enclosed with the quotation failing which the quotation
will be ignored.
TENDER ENQUIRY NO. CC/12/5061/IT-152/Ind-47/CP/P-881/Proc dated 7 May 2012
TO BE OPENED ON: 7 Jun 2012
TO: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (PROCUREMENT)
6. Any indication whatsoever of the price in Part-I of the quotation shall render it invalid and will be
rejected at the spot.
7. Date and time is specified in the schedule to tender (Form PD-2) attached. Heavy Industries Taxila
will NOT be responsible for delay occurring in post.
8. Delivery Terms Dates by which shipment can be effected may be indicated.
9. Samples Lowest technically acceptable bidder will be asked to provide sample if required on
“NO COST NO OBLIGATION BASIS”.
10. OEM Certificate Firm’s will provide the OEM Certificate alongwith the offer failing which
the offer will be rejected.
11. Chairman Heavy Industries Taxila does NOT pledge himself to accept the lowest of any
tender and reserves its right of accepting the whole or any part of tender.
12. Inspection of offered stores will be carried out by an inspecting officer detailed by Heavy Industries
Taxila. Inspector’s conditioning of stores is final.
13. All matters connected with this inquiry and any subsequent action arising there from comes within
the scope of the Official Secret Act 1923. Information regarding the stores concerned must NOT be
disclosed by you or your principal or your employees to any un-authorized person.
14. Firms who are not registered with HIT can participate in the tender inquiry through PPRA
Website by depositing of 5% earnest money of the total value of indent/contract.
15. THE OFFERED PRICE WILL BE INCLUSIVE OF 16% GST AS IMPOSED BY
GOVERNMENT OF PAKISTAN. THE OFFERS WITHOUT THE INCLUSION OF
16% GST WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
For Chairman HIT
SCHEDULE TO TENDER INQUIRY NO. CC/12/5061/IT-152/Ind-47/CP/P-881/Proc dated 7 May
2012. Time and date for opening of tender at 1100 hours on 7_Jun 2012. The tender shall remain open
for acceptance till 1100 hours on 7 Jun 2012.
S# Nomenclature A/U Qty Required Unit Price
a. Procurement of Part No. 12269104 Nos 4200
16. The Offer must show a comparison between our specifications and specifications offered by firm.
17. The offer must remain valid for 100 days from the date of opening of tender.
18. This schedule to tender (form PD-2) must accompany the offer.
19. Prices quoted must be indicated on FOB basis (Ex Sea Port).
20. Ocean freight charges will be indicated separately.
21. Principals Performa invoice (in original) duly signed must accompany the offer.
22. Successful bidder will provide Performance Bond in form of Bank Guarantee equivalent to 5% of
the total value of the contract.
23. Country of Origin: All Countries except India, Israel and Taiwan.
24. The stores should be brand new from current production and with improved features
25. All clauses/terms mentioned in the IT schedule will be considered acceptable to the firm in case
no reference to them is given in the offer.
26. Chairman HIT reserve every right to reject any or all the offers without assigning any reason.
27. Firms should send a copy of agency agreement while quoting from foreign sources. They
should also certify that the equipment would be manufactured in the country of origin as mentioned in
28. Payment out of letter of credit shall be made as under:-
a. 70% payment of the invoice FOB value plus full amount of Sea Freight charges (where
applicable) on presentation of following shipping documents will be made:-
(i) Original Air Way Bill or Original - Four Copies
Bill of Lading (signed copy)
(ii) Non-negotiable Bill of Lading - Three copies
(iii) Commercial Invoice - Three copies
(iv) Packing List - Three Copies
b. The remaining 30% FOB value of stores shall be paid to beneficiary on receipt of
Consignee Receipt Certificate (CRC) from Consignee.
29. Tender will be delivered by the firm at Gate –T – 1 of Heavy Rebuild Factory (T-Series) on due
date and time.
30. Quantities Offered by Firms. Firms should state specifically the Quantities, which they can
deliver at the price quoted. Silence on the point will entail responsibility for supply of full quantities at
31. The offer must confirm the following:-
a. Earliest date by which delivery can be affected.
b. Gross weight of consignment and net weight.
c. Complete brochure/technical literature and illustrated catalogues should be enclosed
with the quotation.
d. Please do not send telex and fax quotation. Such quotations/offers are likely to be rejected.
Tender No:__________________ Contractor’s Telegraphic Address____
Code Used: ___________________
From: M/s ______________________
1. I/We hereby offer to supply to the Chairman Heavy Industries Taxila, the stores detailed in the
schedule here to or such portion thereof as you may specify in the contract at the prices given in the said
schedule and agree to hold this offer till _____. I/We shall be bound by a communication of acceptance
dispatched within the prescribed time.
2. I/We have thoroughly examined the specification/drawing and or pattern quoted in the schedule
hereto and am/are aware of the nature of stores which is strictly in accordance with the requirements.
Signatures of Tendered_____________
Signature of Witness_______________
Note:- Firm should be given the per unit price instead of total value of
store. Furthermore, the IT serial of item must be shown in case of
incomplete item is quoted.