Project: Scientific Method Comic Strip Ms. Eaton’s Biology-A
We read comic strips because they are funny and entertaining, but some comic strips can
be sued to tell a story. In your first science project, you will explain the steps of the
Scientific Method in cartoon form.
The comic strip below takes a serous issue, tests, and puts a comedic spin on it. This
approach makes a serious subject much more light-hearted and entertaining. Your comic
strip doesn’t necessarily have to be humorous, but it does have to accurately portray the
steps of the Scientific Method. Example panel:
Your comic strip MUST:
1. Be composed of at least 6 panels.
2. Include colored illustrations (hand-drawn or from the readwritethink.org website).
3. In each frame the scientific method is depicted with short captions underneath it.
4. Include the following terms in the captions
a) Ask a Question
d) Collect and Analyze Data
f) Present Results to Scientific Community
5. Include dialogue bubbles for the characters in your comic strip
6. Carefully cut out the frames and paste them in order on a piece of construction paper.
Grading will be as following:
Element 4 3 2 1
Panels Contains 6 and are Contains 4-5 & Contains 2-3 and Contains 1 and
colored. parts are colored. are not colored. is not colored.
Captions Captions use the 6 Captions use 6 Some terms are No captions
terms and are typed. terms out of order. missing.
Speech At least 1 character Some panels have Most panels have No speech
Bubbles per panel is speaking no speech bubbles, no speech bubbles, bubbles are
using the scientific but if present, use but if present, use present.
method step. scientific method. scientific method.