GCSE Unit of Work Drama Department
Title of Unit: Ashley Potter (Sussex Youth Offending Team)
Term: Spring 1 Group: 10
• Focus ideas and suggestions on form and structure
• Shaping ideas with originality
• Explore ideas in an expressive, analytical, reflective and personal way.
• Experiment with forms, genres and approaches as part of the development
• Use assessment criteria for paper 2 devised when assessing final performance
Expected student tasks: (see teaching file for lesson notes)
• Using a variety of drama devices to gain insight and understanding into
character and situation of ‘Ashley Potter’.
• Using resources from Youth Offending Team to gain insight into a character.
• Still images to convey abstract emotions/ words such as Anger.
• Flashbacks – how to go between present and past in an imaginative way.
• Hotseating to gain greater understanding of a character.
• Whole group role play as magistrates.
• Considering good and bad influences.
• Students should be given the opportunity to explore the issue of young people
versus adults as a devised performance
• Could look at written evaluations as an extra activity.