PRINCESS ALEXANDRA HOSPITAL NHS TRUST WORK
EXPERIENCE JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible to: Catering Manager
Function: To work within the Catering Department, gaining a broad
knowledge of how the department operates, its
objectives, priorities and the constraints that are placed
upon the service.
1. To assist the catering Manager’s secretary in learning about the
ordering process and office routine.
2. To shadow the food service manager
3. To observe the food production being carried out in the main kitchen.
4. Observe the service of food at ward level.
5. Observe and learn about food hygiene.
For your own Health and Safety, it is important that you do not take part in any
activity that is not listed above.
You should report to the catering Manager or his deputy each duty. You are
responsible to this person throughout your period of work experience.
HEALTH AND SAFTEY
You are responsible for taking reasonable care for the Health and Safety of
your self and other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions,
whilst you are involved in this work experience placement.