20 Quick Reasons Your Estate Needs a Will
You don’t have a million dollars to your name, so you assume that your estate doesn’t need protection.
Just because you don’t have assets that rival Donald Trump does not mean you do not need to protect
what you do have. Therefore, consider a few of these reasons as to why everyone, regardless of the size
of their estate, needs an estate plan:
Cost Savings for Your Estate
1. Your loved ones will not have to pay administrative fees after your death.
2. Your loved ones will not have to pay for guardianship fees.
3. Your loved ones will avoid the costs associated with probate court.
4. You will stay in control of your estate and assets after your death.
5. You will keep your financial matters private from the courts, newspapers and creditors.
6. You will protect your income in case you become incapacitated.
7. You will determine who will care for you and your estate if you become incapacitated.
8. You will designate who is guardian of your children if you pass away.
9. You will determine who manages your estate if you pass away.
10. You will protect your assets from creditors.
11. You will protect your assets for your unmarried partner.
12. You will protect your assets from an ex-spouse.
13. You can rest assured a caregiver will have access to necessary medical reports and information.
14. You will have funds set aside for your medical care and funeral costs.
15. You will ensure your mortgage is paid off upon death.
16. You will ensure that your loved ones are not responsible for your debts.
17. You will protect your estate from estate tax.
18. You can ensure your family does not lose control of a family-run business.
19. You can designate a new owner for your family-run business.
20. You can take care of children or family members with special needs.
If 20 reasons are not enough, contact an estate planning attorney to learn more reasons as to why
everyone, regardless of their estate’s size, needs estate planning.
Experienced estate planning attorneys Brooklyn NY of the Minko Law Office offers estate planning and
business planning resources to residents of Brooklyn NY. To learn more about these free resources,
please visit www.minkolaw.com/ today.