• A physical characteristic, that you can see,
feel, touch or measure.
• Expressed as a noun.
• Answers the question -- WHAT IS IT?
• A performance characteristic, expressed as
an adjective, a verb or an adverb.
• Answers the question, What will it do?
• An asset characteristic expressed as a
• Answers the questions--
– What does that mean to the buyer?
– Of what value will that be to the buyer?
TYPES OF BENEFITS
• Company benefits • Personal Benefits
– Make or save money – Recognition
– Save or make better – Achievement
use of time – Security
– Make a job easier or a – Personal profit or
product better pleasure
– Save lives or improve
BENEFITS TO USING FAB
• Helps organize the mind - market wise
• Easier to explain
• You think about their needs and how my
product or service will fulfill them
• Easier for the customer to understand
• The advantage backs up the feature
• Forces you to get to the benefit