SUBSTITUTE TEACHING APPLICATION
Grafton Public Schools
30 Providence Road
Grafton, MA 01519
Address Town/City State Zip Code
Home Number Cell Number
What levels and/or subjects do you prefer?
Are you licensed in Massachusetts? Select One (If yes, attach copy of certification)
In what area is your certification?
SCHOOL DATE DEGREE MAJOR MINOR
SCHOOL DATES NATURE OF WORK
(Include only persons who can attest to your ability to perform the duties of the position you seek.)
NAME ADDRESS/PHONE # POSITION
*Please note: Your name will remain on the substitute teacher list from year to year unless you give us notification to have it
removed. Thus, you will have reasonable assurance to serve as a substitute teacher in following years.
1. How do you feel your educational background and professional experience have
prepared you to be a substitute teacher?
2. What skills do you possess that make you the best candidate to work as a substitute
3. What is your philosophy of discipline? How would you react to a disruptive student?
4. How would a student describe you as their teacher after having you in his/her class
for a day?
5. What do you see as your role while students are working? Do you actively participate
in classes with students or do you take on a supervisory role?
6. How do you go about implementing a teacher’s plans for the day? What would you
do if you did not understand what the plans suggest?
7. Describe any specific experiences you have working with students.
8. Why are you interested in being a substitute teacher?