Phone: 044-2256 9500
Govt. of India
Ministry of Finance Fax: 044-2256 1477
Department of Revenue e-mail: email@example.com
OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (AIRPORT & AIR CARGO)
NEW CUSTOM HOUSE, MEENAMBAKKAM, CHENNAI – 600 027
F.No.S.Misc.12/2010-EDI-ACC Date: 08.02.2012
PUBLIC NOTICE No.03/2012
Sub: Making E-payment of Customs duty mandatory-regarding.
Attention of the Importers, Exporters, CHA’s, Trade and all other stakeholders are
invited to the Public Notice No. 18/2011 dated 19.08.2011 issued by the Commissioner of
Customs (Airport & Air Cargo), Meenambakkam, Chennai regarding making e-payment
of Customs duty mandatory and the procedures for making e-payment.
2. It is informed that e-payment has been extended through the following 17
scheduled banks approved by the Pr. Chief Controller of Accounts for collection of
LIST OF BANKS:
1. State Bank of India 10. Union Bank of India
2. State Bank of Hyderabad 11. Bank of Maharashtra
3. State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur 12. Corporation Bank
4. State Bank of Travancore 13. IDBI Bank
5. Punjab National Bank 14. Bank of Baroda
6. Bank of India 15. Canara Bank
7. Indian Bank 16. Indian Overseas Bank
8. UCO Bank 17. Central Bank of India
9. United Bank of India
3. In this regard, it is informed that mandatory e-payment procedure shall come
into effect from 20.02.2012, if the duty amount is more than one lakh or ACP Client
(irrespective of duty amount) at this Customs Location. After introduction of mandatory
e-payment the following changes would take place in ICES 1.5:
4. At present all the import challans are being sent to Bank Branches (State Bank of
India, Meenambakkam Branch and Indian Bank, Guindy Branch Extension Counter) as
well as for e-payment. In e-payment mandatory mode, if the duty amount is more than
One Lakh or ACP client (irrespective of duty amount) only e-payment is allowed.
5. If for any reason importer wants to pay duty for a Bill of Entry through Bank
branch he/she will approach the Additional Commissioner of Customs (Systems
Manager) who will permit the same. Thereafter, the Appraiser (EDI) will allow the same
in the system.
5.1. Once permitted challan for those Bills of Entry will also be sent to Bank from
next day. Importer should make payment at the Bank next day.
For detailed procedure regarding e-payment the Public Notice
No.18/2011 dated 19.08.2011 issued by this Commissionerate may be referred to.
(SANJAY K. AGARWAL)
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS
AIRPORT & AIRCARGO