Guidelines for Monthly Mentoring Log Submissions
Participants in the Christian Schools Leadership Mentoring Program are required to submit
monthly mentoring logs. We ask that one person from the mentoring team submit the log once
the information in the log has been approved by both mentee and mentor. The online mentoring
logs are automatically submitted to a George Fox University database via Google documents.
Go to http://www.georgefox.edu/soe/mentoring/resources.html
Click on Monthly Mentoring Log.
Fill out the log
You’re done! Until next month, that is…
Mentoring Log Questions:
1. Mentee name
2. Mentor name
3. School name
4. Amount of time spent communicating this month
5. Topics of conversation (please do not disclose confidential information – generalities are
fine in this category)
6. Have you encountered any challenge(s) this month in the mentoring team relationship? If
yes, please explain.
7. Do you have any concerns regarding the mentoring program? If yes, please explain.
8. What has been your most positive experience in mentoring this month?
9. Do you have any recommendations to make regarding the mentoring program?
Type your responses to each question in a Word document and save them. Then copy and paste
each response into its corresponding location on the online form. Saving your responses in a Word
document allows your mentoring team to keep a copy of each month’s mentoring log.
Please remember, as stated during the summer’s inservice, that if the mentor refers the mentee to
another staff member or expert in a particular area for help on an issue, the time spent with that
third party may count toward the monthly mentoring time.
We ask that each team spend a minimum of 35 hours working together this school year. That
works out to approximately four hours a month spent engaged in mentoring activities.
You may want to use the Excel spreadsheet (found on our website,
http://www.georgefox.edu/soe/mentoring/index.html) to help you track your mentoring
engagements on a daily or weekly basis. This may help when you sit down to submit the
mentoring log at the end of each month.