Structural Faults & Repair-2012: AUTHORS TYPING INSTRUCTIONS
3rd – 5th July, Surgeons Hall, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK
1. Deadline: 16th April 2012
2. We require Camera-Ready "Top Copy" in PC Word format including figures
mounted in the text. Please scan and include the figures within the MS Word file
PC format. The Conference Proceedings will be published in CD-ROM format.
3. Submit You must submit your paper on-line on the web site. On-line submission will be set
up and available from Mid-February 2012:
4. It is essential to use your Paper Ref no as the file name, e.g. TI-Bloggs.doc
6. Page Length There is NO upper page limit, however most papers are 8 to 12 pages long.
7. Typeface: 12 point font "Times New Roman" or similar
8. Paper & Margins: Use the template or:
Paper size: \ A4 Paper: US Letter paper:
Margins: 210 mm x 297 mm 8.5" x 11"
Top Margin: 2.0 cm 0.5"
Bottom Margin: 2.0 cm 0.5"
Left Margin: 1.5 cm 0.75"
Right Margin: 1.5 cm 0.75"
9. Paper Title: TITLE: 14 pt ALL UPPER CASE, Boldface, centred
10. Authors: List full name & address, plus email.
11. Formats: FIRST LEVEL: 12 pt All upper case. No boldface. Left Justified
Second Level: 12 pt Upper case and lower case underlined. No boldface. Left Justified
Third Level: 12 pt Upper case and lower case italic. No boldface. Left Justified
12. References: List of references in alphabetical order. In text show name of authors & year of
publication eg: (Terzaghi & Peck, 1947); (Binda et al, 1996)
13. Pagination: Do not number pages; Headers & Footers: do not use these
14. Figures: Photo-reduce figures in size and then electronically mount in the text. All figures & tables
should have captions.
15. Paper: Use A4 or US Letter Size, subject to margins above
16. Example: See attached example paper on our web site under “Paper of the Month”: