Fanuc 6 OCTO DNC Notes:
1. The official Fanuc 6P file format is:
2. The files are saved as a ".TXT" or ".txt" file
When creating the files in "P:/NC Files" drive, make sure you
use 4 numerical digits as such:
(No letter "O" in the files and no letters, numbers only)
3. When calling a file from the CNC, perform the following procedure:
A/ Find the Remote Call File
Go to the Program Screen and make sure you are in EDIT mode
Type "O0"+ ↓ (or Cursor down) - that is Letter O and number zero
File O0000 should be on the top right of the CNC screen
Edit the O0000 file as follows - to get program 1234.txt, you have
B/ Punch the Call File
Type "O0" + PUNCH, EDIT will flash for a few seconds
C/ Read the desired file, by typing:
"O1234" + READ
The current file (in the top right) should in a few seconds change
To O1234 with the EDIT flashing until done. The new file will show
on the screen and then you can check for G92 at the beginning and
G50 at the end.
If the file is incomplete, you may have already had data in the
buffer. If so, delete the current file fragment and try reading the
file again to clear the buffer. You know the buffer is clear, when
the EDIT keeps flashing but the current file at the top does not
change. With a clear buffer then repeat step B/ and C/.
4. To delete a file on the Fanuc, in EDIT mode, Program Screen call the file
with "O1234"+ ↓(cursor down) search procedure in “3A” and once it
is current (on the screen) then type "O1234" + DELETE.
5. To confirm the directory contents, hit the CAN + ORIGIN buttons.
Hit RESET to return to the main program screen.
6. To save an amended file on the CNC, you simply select the file at the CNC and
type the file name + PUNCH, e.g. "O1234" + PUNCH. This file will be
saved in the "P:/NC Files/Receive" directory under the "O" name in
the CNC -> “1234.txt”. Use the Multi-DNC editor to view this file
and then save it back up to the main send directory of "P:/NC Files"
7. To view the Mx1100 UMI buffers, use the OCTO Buffer ICon (or type in a
browser "http://octo/report.cgi" - the port buffers should be all
zero, if not you can use LocateIP on your desktop to reset the UMI.
Once LocateIP finds the UMI on the network, you can choose CONFIGURE
then OK/APPLY to reset the UMI and clear the buffers.
8. To call for a file that is the remote directory (on “P:/NC Files” drive)
simply change the “/Fxxxx” in the Remote Call File to “/D”
File: CNC Operation Procedure.doc