The Expert Priority Checklist For YOUR Website
This is written after my own website creation, I think this will be very helpfull for website
creators. Enjoy and hope this list will help you with your creation!
You will see each step as numbers, after the text in each step you will see words like "HIGH"
"MEDIUM" and so on. They are the priority for each step.
1. Title Tag - Description of Website -HIGH -
2. Domain Name -HIGH -
3. H1 tag or first headline of document content -HIGH-
4. Description Meta Tag -MEDIUM-
5. Keyword Meta Tag -MEDIUM-
6. Body of Text Italic -MEDIUM-
7. Body Of Text Bolded -MEDIUM-
8. Body of text generic -MEDIUM-
9. Keyword Density 5-20% -MEDIUM-
10. Latent Symantec Indexing - Related words on topic -HIGH-
11. Sub headlines H2, H3 etc -MEDIUM-
12. Phrase order within the page -MEDIUM-
13. Keyword proximity of eachother -MEDIUM-
14. Font size +2 for sub-topics -MEDIUM-
15. Keywords within your alt text of image descriptions -MEDIUM-
16. Keyword early within the page -HIGH-
17. Keyword in links to other pages (on or off site) -HIGH-
18. Quality of other sites you link to -HIGH-
19. Topic of other sites you link to -HIGH-
20. Tree like structure of navigation -HIGH-
21. Internal links valid? -MEDIUM-
22. Number of links on the page itself, less is better. -HIGH-
23. Domain names you link to. Gov is best, then .edu, .org etc.. -MEDIUM-
24. Web page size (IE: under 100k) -LOW-
25. Hyphens in domain or file names more than 4 is bad -HIGH-
26. Page changing, more often updated pages prefered -MEDIUM-
27. Domain age -HIGH-
28. Page itself Age -MEDIUM-
29. Sites with more internal pages (IE: over 100 internal pages) -MEDIUM-
30. Page Theme -MEDIUM-
31. Frequency of updates themselves -MEDIUM-
32. Interesting title tag - Gets more SERP clicks than another -HIGH-
33. Appropriate links between itself and other pages -MEDIUM-
34. Having a robots.txt -LOW-
35. Stating a physical address. Trust. -LOW-
36. Stating a support email address -LOW-
37. Describing every image -LOW-
38. Naming the images themselves thematically -LOW-
39. Keyword in name of page itself -MEDIUM-
40. Document within a related folder or subdomain -MEDIUM-
Certainly one of the main components of any entrepreneur's goal of getting more people to
his site and converting them into sales is having a high search engine ranking for his website,
specifically with Google. But just what are the steps to get a high Google Ranking?
I've listed 7 exercises that you can easily do to obtain that coveted Top 10 Google Ranking.
1.Develop a master keyword list.
This list should include all keywords that you are optimizing your site for and they should be
related to the central theme of your site. Be wary of highly competitive keywords as they
may produce high financial barriers to getting a Top 10 Google Rank.
2.Create quality content for your site and make sure it contains the keywords you are
As a information creator we need to always be cognizant of the fact that we should create
content that is beneficial to our target audience. If we can do that, readers will keep coming
3.Use Prominent Keyword(s) in your domain name.
Most search engines (Google included) place a good deal of emphasis on this. Additionally,
make sure that each page of your site has a title and meta tag that contains the keywords
that you are optimizing for.
4.Include your main keyword in your H1 headline.
Also, make sure that you sporadically throughout your page, sprinkle this keyword in
Lately this has been one of the ways that I personally have driven the most traffic to some
of my web sites. When writing the articles to submit to various online directories, once
again make sure that you are creating content that is useful to your target audience.
Additionally, make sure the articles are keyword rich, but don't overdo it. When submitting
the articles, I have had the most luck in getting a high Google Search Ranking for the article
when I have submitted them to EzineArticles and goarticles.
You probably already know that getting quality one way links is very important in obtaining
a high Google ranking, so, it is of great importance to include your keywords in any of the
"blue underlined clickable" links on your page. Doing this helps the search engines know
exactly what your links are about.
7.Add a Blog or RSS Feed to your site.
This is starting to carry a lot of weight with the search engines. Remember to complete your
tags (keywords) for each post that you complete. This will help build your ranking for the
keywords you have selected for your site.