Enquiries EMDC DIRECTORS Wes-Kaap Onderwysdepartement
Telefoon Western Cape Education Department
Faks ISebe leMfundo leNtshona Koloni
EXPIRY DATE: DECEMBER 2005
TO: CHIEF DIRECTORS, DIRECTORS AT HEAD OFFICE AND EMDCs, HEADS OF
SECTIONS AND PERSONNEL AT HEAD OFFICE AND EMDCs, PRINCIPALS
OF ALL HIGH AND COMBINED SCHOOLS AND HEADS OF COLLEGES WHICH
PREPARE CANDIDATES FOR THE SENIOR CERTIFICATE EXAMINATIONS
BRIEF SUMMARY: Announcement of gazetting of National Curriculum Statement for the
Further Education and Training Band.
SUBJECT: GAZETTING OF NATIONAL CURRICULUM STATEMENT SUBJECTS
FOR THE FURTHER EDUCATION AND TRAINING BAND.
1. The final policy proposals for the National Curriculum Statement (NCS) have been approved.
The notice appears in Government Gazette 25545, Notice 1407 of the 6 October 2003. It
may be viewed online at http://www.gov.za/gazette/notices/2003/25545.pdf
2. The full set of NCS documents is available on the “Further Education and Training (Schools)”
page on the WCED Curriculum Website (http://curriculum.wcape.school.za/index), under the
heading “Policies, Circulars, Guidelines and Learning Support”.
3. The documents include the important “Overview” and “Qualifications and Assessment Policy
Framework Grades 10 –12 (General)” which contain all the rules governing the NCS and
which need to be studied carefully. In addition, there is a separate file for each subject.
4. Each school should receive a full set of the documents from the National Department of
Education early in 2004. They are scheduled to be printed in November.
5. Enquiries about copies of the NCS documents may be directed to Mr S. Sekese at
123 Schoeman Street, PRETORIA 0001 or Fax: (012) 328 2128 / 328 9828,
Tel: (012) 312 5212, E-mail: email@example.com.
SIGNED: P.A. VINJEVOLD
MELD ASSEBLIEF VERWYSINGSNOMMERS IN ALLE KORRESPONDENSIE / PLEASE QUOTE REFERENCE NUMBERS IN ALL CORRESPONDENCE /
NCEDA UBHALE IINOMBOLO ZESALATHISO KUYO YONKE IMBALELWANO
GRAND CENTRAL TOWERS, LAER-PARLEMENTSTRAAT, PRIVAATSAK X9114, KAAPSTAD 8000
GRAND CENTRAL TOWERS, LOWER PARLIAMENT STREET, PRIVATE BAG X9114, CAPE TOWN 8000