Planning a Unit
• Divide into small grade level groups to create a
unit plan for Quarter 3 or 4.
• Use example from our last session to plan a
unit that can be shared and used in schools.
and Unit Planning
o Use the list provided.
o Which AKS/units?
Sample: Unit Plan
Select root(s) that would be taught according to the
Instructional Calendar for this quarter for your grade
level. (Not all roots listed in Instructional Calendar are covered in new
Read through lessons for unit and decide which
suggested CD resources you will use and/or how they
might be adapted to be interactive.
Lesson Plan Format
Organize Materials Needed
• Create folder on Shared Drive
• Grade Level
• File – Example:
Purpose: Future use, easy access
Making the Work Interactive
• SMART or Mimeo activities
– Internet resources
– LA website has a resource for Mimeo activities.
• Hands on activities VS paper/pencil.
• Send a finished e-copy of the lesson plan to
• They will be shared on the LA website.