English I Research Paper Outline
A. Introduce career
B. State how the interest survey helped you to choose your career
C. Thesis . Copy the following sentence and fill in the blanks. “Because my interests lie in the field of
, I have chosen the career of .”
II. Body Paragraph One
A. My career of has many aspects.
1. Find out how much it pays.
2. Describe what the job entails.
3. How much education is needed for this career?
4. What skills are required to get this job?
5. Once you have this job, what are your future possibilities in this field?
III. Body Paragraph Two
A. My career of requires preparation.
1. What do you need to do in high school to prepare for this job?
2. According to Naviance, what post-secondary schools offer programs to prepare you for your career?
3. What can you do to develop the skills you need to succeed in this career?
4. What personal weaknesses must you overcome to succeed in this career?
5. What are three realistic goals you can set to pursue this career?
A. Restate thesis, “ I am interested in and have chosen the career of .”
B. Answer the following question, “After considering all the information regarding my chosen career, I will
measure my success by…” (Be sure to consider things like: money, lifestyle, happiness, and the thought
of doing that particular job for the rest of your life.)