Name: 516.05 Petty Cash Fund
Petty Cash Fund
A petty cash fund is available for purchase of minimal miscellaneous or emergency items
that do not exceed $20. This fund is disbursed according to the following guidelines.
1. Employee completes a Petty Cash Voucher which requires name, date, amount
requested, department to be charged, reason for purchase, and signature of
2. Custodian of the Petty Cash Fund dispenses amount requested to employee.
3. Employee makes purchase, returns a signed receipt for items purchased, and
returns unused funds to the Custodian.
4. The Custodian reviews receipt listing items purchased, verifies amount of
purchase, verifies unused funds returned, initials voucher, and attaches receipt
5. When funds are depleted the Accountant will balance the Petty Cash Fund using
the Petty Cash Reconciliation form. The paid vouchers are reviewed and account
numbers to be charged are assigned. The cash remaining in the Fund is balanced
with the total of the paid vouchers, and a check that will be cashed by either the
Treasurer or Dean of Business is prepared to reimburse the Fund.
6. Any over or short cash differences in the Fund are reported in the Cash Over or
Short account, which is reviewed by the Treasurer.
Forms used for petty cash are included on the following pages.
PETTY CASH VOUCHER
B/O REP. ______________________________
Jefferson Davis Community College
PETTY CASH RECONCILIATION FORM
Petty Cash Fund $
Total of all issued petty cash tickets (attached)
1. Tickets must be signed by person receiving cash
2. Signed, paid receipt must be attached
3. Item purchased must be identifiable
Balance Remaining in Fund =====
Cash Currently in Petty Cash Fund =====
(Calculator tape attached)
Difference: over/short =====
Verified by: Date
NOTE: THIS FUND IS FOR HANDLING MINIMAL MISCELLANEOUS OR
EMERGENCY PURCHASES THAT SHOULD NOT EXCEED $20. AN
EXPLANATION MUST BE ATTACHED FOR ANY EXCEPTIONS. IF SEVERAL
RECEIPTS ARE PRESENTED FOR REIMBURSEMENT BY AN EMPLOYEE, THEY
MUST BE REVIEWED BY THE TREASURER OR DEAN OF BUSINESS FOR