January 1, 2012
JOB TITLE JOB CODE
Administrative Assistant I-HCPC 9050
FLSA STATUS UNIT/DEPARTMENT
REPORTS TO: SUPERVISES:
Various Support Staff
Provides professional level fiscal and administrative support services for a division/department whose
operating budget is less than $1 million.
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Makes basic to moderately complex administrative decisions requiring a comprehensive knowledge of a
wide range of regulations, policies, and procedures.
2. Directs, trains and coordinated the daily activities of the unit’s office and administrative staff.
3. Administers units/division/department’s operating budget by approving purchase requisitions
4. Prepares monthly reports on expenditures and budget comparisons.
5. Establishes and maintains contact with physicians, faculty, and executives, both within and outside the
6. Verifies accuracy of all personnel and payroll transactions to conform to university policies and
procedures and that actions are prepared and processed in a timely manner.
7. Reviews personnel action forms regarding: appointments, promotions, separations, salary increases,
fund source changes and other types of personnel actions and obtains necessary approvals.
8. Oversees maintenance of unit/division/department’s records and files such as; personnel, purchases,
students, inventory, patients, billings, contract and grants, accounting, and time and effort reports to
conform to procedures with then human resources and financial management systems.
9. Establishes work schedules and priorities for clerical subordinate staff.
10. Manages Human Resources activities for direct reports in regards to: recruiting and selection, hiring and
termination, training, professional development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and
11. Other duties as assigned
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, related field, or relevant experience in lieu of education.
One year of progressive professional administrative experience.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215