The Future is Now:
Every Child Matters
Welcome to Princes Hall.
Please sign in & collect your
delegate pack. Participation
workshop is at 9.45am. We
hope that you enjoy the day.
Hampshire Children’s Fund
We celebrate all the excellent work
going on across Hampshire in 2005
with Children’s Fund Stakeholders.
Our regional training events, support
the Government’s ‘Change agenda for
Children & Young People’ and the
Children Act’s outcomes for Children:
To be healthy, safe & achieving,
making a positive contribution,
& achieving economic well-being…
We also look more deeply at what is
meant by ‘participation’ of children &
young people in their own services.
• 05/06 is the last year of Hampshire Children’s Fund’s
initial Three Year Plan
• Due to 2 Year Extension we are at the exact mid-point
of the Children's Fund's 'lifespan'
• Early messages from evaluation show how we have
responded to 'What Works'
• Everything we do from here must be sustainable and
• 'Evidence' is not just numbers.......
• Building on success
• Bridging the gap between current services and a fully
integrated Preventative model
• Demonstrating added value and practicality
• Making the most of all available funding sources and
• Accepting that not everything can survive
• Participation is central and essential
• It adds value and shows local need and support
• Needs to be at the core, not an add-on
• Will grow and mature as the new model emerges
• We are all still learning!
We are working with young people across the
county to enhance their potential, and give young
people a ‘voice’. Our 2005 events, invite you to
make a real difference locally, and to change lives!
The Children’s Fund was designed by Children for
Children. Help us to help them build better futures,
as their future is our future, & every child matters!