Application for National Honor Society Executive Board
1. Name and Current Grade
My name is Madelein Black and I am in 10th grade.
2. Current activities and organizations
I am a part of the soccer team, class board, student council, key club, chinese
club, and speech and debate team.
3. What qualifies you to be a leader in this organization? (Positions that you
have held or organizations that you are involved).
I’m qualified for this position because I am very experienced in leadership roles. I
am the class of 2014’s historian, student council parliamentarian, JV soccer captain, and a
key club activities coordinator.
4. In your own words, define character.
Character is your personality and how different aspects of you come together to
create how you are. Good character usually consists of honesty, loyalty, morals, courage,
5. How do you believe that you can increase the effectiveness of this executive
board committee (what would you change, improve, get rid of)?
I believe I can increase effectiveness with staying on top of things and with fun
ideas for new projects and drives. I haven’t been a part of NHS long enough to know
things I could possibly change, add, or get rid of though.
6. Two teacher references (signatures).