The School for
• Students must register for a full
year of attendance with SCS.
• Duration of program:
– Girls: 5 months
(September to January)
– Boys: 5 months
(February to June)
• The day consists of
– ½ in school instruction
– ½ soccer instruction with academic
subjects covered via Cyber School
• This program challenges the individual to
play the game of soccer at a level required
to compete at the provincial, collegiate,
national and ultimately a professional
• It is designed to promote life skills such
– Time management
– organizational skills
• The skills are reinforced through the
holistic aspect of this program.
• Our responsibility is to work with this
philosophy to specifically challenge and
develop the athletic ability of the student.
Pursuing Athletic Excellence
• The SCCS soccer academy’s goal
is to develop a high performance
training program geared towards
excellence in the areas of:
– aerobic endurance
– aerobic power.
Time Management Skills
S M T W TH F S
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
• Throughout the training, the student will
improve the following skills required to achieve
his/her soccer goal :
– time management
– organizational skills
• This program includes Grade 9-10
• The juniors will participate in
soccer instruction during each
morning (Monday – Friday).
• All new students in the program
will focus on technical development
and game training situations.
• Cyber School courses will be used
to replace their morning classes.
• Afternoon academic classes will be
taken at the student’s face to face
• The Senior program includes
Grade 11-12 students .
• This program will take place
during each afternoon (Monday –
Friday) and is geared towards
students who have completed the
requirements of the junior
• Cyber school courses will be used to
fill a student’s schedule.
• Morning classes will be followed at
the student’s face to face school.
• SCCS will assist students/athletes
in their sports careers by:
– Building relationships with post-
– Supplying contacts with player
profiles , stats and schedules.
– Supplying videos to colleges
requesting footage of individual
• The Program should not hinder a
student’s ability to participate in
other school sport activities.
Types of Training
• Training will be focused on each of
– Goal setting
– Relaxation and activation
– Self hypnosis
– Self awareness
High Academic Achievements
• The academy strives to develop soccer and
life skills .
• The academy endeavors to educate each
student/athlete and their family about
the potential of playing College or
• The academy will provide excellent online
courses to fulfill curricular accreditation
and aid in the achievement of a high
1. Students must be prepared to train in
high intensity game pace situations and
2. Students must be be individually
motivated to train on a regular basis
throughout the 5 month program.
3. Students must obtain two letters of
reference, one available from a coach and
other from an academic teacher.
4. Students must have good academic
5. Students must maintain successful
progress reports in all subjects
6. Students must demonstrate academic
skills allowing for a minimum of 4
credit load during attendance in the
What you need to succeed…
• Good academic record
• Good Study habits
• Independent Learning
• Computer skills
• Discipline, commitment
The soccer academy is…
• A unique program striving to
enhance the elite athlete while at
the same time encouraging
Wow, what a concept!!
• Active living
• Academic excellence
• Athletic excellence
• Global thinkers
And most importantly….
Link our catholic faith into the sport
SCCS Soccer Academy
Let’s do it!!!!!