The Role of the Ambassador
1. Year Abroad Office: establish contact at the start of the year.
2. Erasmus: Establish contact with the Erasmus coordinator at university
3. MFL department: Leave/put up flyers around university (and add email
address to answer questions if feeling daring!)
4. Language Centre: Leave flyers
5. Freshers’ Fair: Attend, speak to 10 people, and go up to one language
6. Talks: Give a talk at the university year abroad options meeting.
7. Careers Service: Arrange a Q&A session to be held there, and leave
8. One other university department: Email the mailing list of this
9. PGCE students: Inform through Education section at
10. Case study: Write a case study/give access to blog (if did one) for
university department website.
11. School visit: Go into one school (either one in area or old school) and
give one talk about the programme and leave an FLA and ELA flyer.
12. FLAs: Make friends with one FLA
If you are able to do 2 or more of these “extra” initiatives or any others you
dream up, let us know and you will be promoted to a Gold Ambassador! Do
feel free to be creative and share with us all about how you get on!
13. Get a case study about assistantship in student newspaper/alumni
14. Get into national/local press about assistantship and the programme
15.Get interviewed on student radio about assistantship and the
16. Make an appearance at university open day to talk to prospective
17. Approach a business to see if they would be interested in putting a link
to the Language Assistant website