SECTION 11 12 33
PART 1 GENERAL
1.1 SECTION INCLUDES
A. High performance barrier gate operator and accessories.
1.2 RELATED SECTIONS
A. Section 03 30 00 - Cast-in-Place Concrete: Concrete mounting pads.
B. Division 16 - Requirements for electrical connections.
A. Underwriters' Laboratory (UL): Categories FDDR and FDDR7 - Door, Drapery,
Gate, Louver, and Window Operators and Systems.
A. Submit under provisions of Section 01 30 00.
B. Product Data: Equipment list, system description, electrical wiring diagrams for
installation, and manufacturer's data sheets on each product to be used, including:
1. Preparation instructions and recommendations.
2. Storage and handling requirements and recommendations.
3. Installation methods.
C. Shop Drawings: Submit shop drawings showing layout, profiles, and product
components, including anchorage, edge conditions, and accessories.
1. Operation, installation, and maintenance manuals including wiring diagrams.
2. Risers, layouts, and special wiring diagrams showing any changes to
1.5 DELIVERY, STORAGE, AND HANDLING
A. Store products in manufacturer's unopened packaging with labels intact until ready
B. Schedule delivery of parking control equipment so that spaces are sufficiently
complete that operators can be installed upon delivery.
1.6 QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Perform installation by factory authorized contractor specifically trained in gate
operation systems of the type found within this section.
B. Provide documentation of maintenance and repair service availability for emergency
C. Provide quarterly maintenance for one year following Substantial Completion of the
11 12 33 - 1
A. Manufacturer's standard warranty for two years or 2 million cycles.
PART 2 PRODUCTS
A. Acceptable Manufacturer: Magnetic Automation Corp, which is located at: 3160
Murrell Road; Rockledge, FL 32955; Tel: 321-635-8585; Fax: 321-635-9449; Email:
email@example.com; Web: www.gatesandbarriers.com
B. Substitutions: Not permitted.
C. Requests for substitutions will be considered in accordance with provisions of
Section 01 60 00.
2.2 HIGH PERFORMANCE BARRIER GATE OPERATOR
A. Magnetic Automation Corp MBE 35 Barrier Gate Operator: Barrier open/close time
2.5 seconds, 100% duty cycle, boom length up to 12 feet.
B. Magnetic Automation Corp MBE 50 Barrier Gate Operator: Barrier open/close time
4.9 seconds, 100% duty cycle, boom length up to 10 feet.
C. UL Classification:
1. Conforms to UL Category FDDR - Door, Drapery, Gate, Louver and Window
Operators and Systems Certified
2. Conforms to UL Category FDDR7 - Door, Drapery, Gate, Louver and Window
Operators and Systems Certified for Canada
D. Housing: Manufactured from 14 gauge plated steel onto a stainless steel base, then
phosphate and powder coated for maximum protection against corrosion and
E. Drive Unit:
1. MBE 35: MC63C-270 100% duty cycle spring-balanced AC torque motor
providing 2.3-2.8sec open/close time in excess of 1 million cycles; maximum
arm length 12 feet; left- or right-hand operation.
2. MBE 50: MC63C-275 100% duty cycle spring-balanced AC torque motor
providing 4.6-4.9sec open/close time in excess of 1 million cycles; maximum
arm length 15 feet; left- or right-hand operation.
1. 1013.5036 Magnetic Lane Controller, six potential free digital inputs to open
and close barrier and safety device (i.e. photoelectric beams, safety loop,
etc), five multifunction relay outputs for gate position feedback (open/close),
warning lights, traffic light, output for error indication.
G. Additional Required Controls:
1. Low power consumption and high MCBF (1,000,000 cycles).
2. Direct drive operation resulting in condensation/corrosion resistance,
extremely low maintenance, ability to be stalled in any position without risk of
damage, problem-free operation in cold climatic conditions and overall
extended service life – no belts, pulleys or chains.
3. Modular construction with drive unit mounted to a heavy duty construction.
11 12 33 - 2
4. Easy to program controller for common lane configurations.
H. Gate Arm:
1. Arm: 8 foot octagonal aluminum arm.
2. Arm: 8 foot articulating octagonal aluminum arm (for low ceiling heights).
3. Arm: 10 foot foam covered arm.
4. Arm: 10 foot octagonal aluminum arm.
5. Arm: 10 foot articulating octagonal aluminum arm (for low ceiling heights).
6. Arm: 12 foot octagonal aluminum arm.
7. Arm: 12 foot articulating octagonal aluminum arm (for low ceiling heights).
8. Arm: 14 foot articulating octagonal aluminum arm.
9. Arm: 15 foot octagonal aluminum arm (requires pendulum support or support
I. Optional Equipment:
1. Single channel vehicle loop detector.
2. Dual channel vehicle loop detector.
3. Additional foam protection inserted on the bottom of octagonal aluminum
boom for extra safety.
4. Wood arm flange adaptor (wood boom supplied by customer).
5. Pendulum support for boom arm lengths over 14 feet.
6. Custom RAL color.
7. Boom arm lights with controller.
8. Support pillar in RAL 2000 Orange.
9. Support pillar in RAL 2000 Orange with electro-mechanical arm lock and
10. Additional heater for extremely cold environments.
PART 3 EXECUTION
A. Do not begin installation until substrates have been properly prepared.
B. If substrate preparation is the responsibility of another installer, notify Architect of
unsatisfactory preparation before proceeding.
A. Clean surfaces thoroughly prior to installation.
B. Prepare surfaces using the methods recommended by the manufacturer for
achieving the best result for the substrate under the project conditions.
A. Install in accordance with manufacturer's instructions including the following:
1. Mount directly to concrete pad, firmly secured, plumb and level.
2. Mount to mounting pedestal; provide base plate.
3. Wire in accordance with National Electric Code.
4. Enclose all splices in easily accessible junction boxes or on terminal boards.
5. Tag and identify all cable runs in all junction boxes.
B. Test system and adjust to assure components and accessories are properly
connected and in working order.
11 12 33 - 3
A. Protect installed products until completion of project.
B. Touch-up, repair or replace damaged products before Substantial Completion.
A. Maintain at three-month intervals during specified maintenance period, primarily
checking rubber end stops on direct drive unit.
END OF SECTION
11 12 33 - 4