Bid To National Lottery Reaching Communities Fund
At Ipswich and Suffolk Council for Racial Equality, we are in the process of applying
to the National Lottery to fund the work of Suffolk Discrimination Law Service. We
are the only remaining free anti-discrimination legal advice service in this part of the
country and we want to keep going and improving.
Currently, we provide advice and representation from our base in Ipswich and at
monthly outreach in Lowestoft and Norwich. We need your input in the redesign of
the service and what we should focus more on.
We are thinking about creating:
1. some more outreach clinics in the West of Suffolk,
2. doing some public awareness work explaining to people their rights; and
3. some preventative work making employers and service providers more aware
of the law and how to avoid discriminating
So please answer the following questions:
1. Your Name (optional)
2. Organisation (if any)
3. Which Suffolk local authority are you in? (mark as appropriate.)
4. Have you personally experienced unlawful discrimination? Yes No
5. If yes, what type?
6. If you represent a group or advice agency, have any of your clients reported
unlawful discrimination? Yes No
7. If yes, how many?
8. What were the types of unlawful discrimination reported?
9. Were you able to assist them or find them help? Yes No
10. If yes, where?
11. Have you or your clients used the services of Suffolk Discrimination Law
Service (a project of ISCRE)? Yes No
12. If no, have you heard of the service?
13. If yes, how was the service? (please score 1-10 with 10 being excellent and 1
14. Do you think there continues to be a need for a free discrimination law service
in your area ? Yes No
15. If yes, why?
16. If no, why not?
17. If a free discrimination service continued would you anticipate that you/your
clients would use the service?
18. If you are an adviser, roughly how many clients might you refer in one year?
19. Is there need for outreach clinic in your area? Yes No
20. If yes, how frequently?
21. And what would be the best location for an outreach clinic in your area?
22. Is there a need for public awareness raising about unlawful discrimination?
23. If yes, how would you suggest we do it?
24. What aspects of unlawful discrimination do you think would be best for us to
25. Is there a need for business and service providers to be advised on how to
avoid discriminating against people? Yes No
26. If yes, how would like us to do it?
27. Do you have special needs we need to cater for?
28. On an occasional basis would you be prepared to be part of an Advisory
Board to advise us? Yes No
29. If yes, what is your email address or phone number?
30. Are there any other comments you would like to make?
We are very grateful for your assistance. Please email this back to
Audrey@iscre.org.uk or post to ISCRE 46A St Matthews Street Ipswich IP13EP