Presentation and Outline of
Presented by Ricardo Vieira
Director Industrial Designs and Rights Protection
• Designs : short definition
• What is DesignFinder ?
• What about Free Access ?
• What does DesignFinder offer over free
• What else does DesignFinder offer ?
Characteristics of Designs
• The outward appearance of a product or part of
it which results from the lines, contours, color,
shape, texture, materials and its ornamentation.
• A registered design or design patent is a
monopoly intellectual property right for the visual
appearance of the whole or a part of a product
resulting from the features of, in particular: the
lines, contours, colors, shape, texture and
materials of the product or its ornamentation.
What is DesignFinder ?
• DesignFinder is a database built by
collecting registered designs information
from around the world
• Database is updated in line with IP offices’
• Access is offered via a fixed annual fee
• It is designed to allow easy access
• DesignFinder contains a number of modules,
tools, and features to ease working with data
What does DesignFinder
offer over free services ?
• Single-Language interface (currently FR, DE,
EN) for all databases
• Save time by cross-searching entire database
selection with 1 search
• Save time by browsing images very rapidly
using color-coded text results
• Save searches
• Alerts, Exports, and Reports
• Annotate or comment on relevant records
Key Features of
• Each design has a single record; foreign multi-
design applications become transparent
• Workflow features allow tagging of records to
easily create subsets for further work by an
individual or group
• Professional searchers can predefine searches
to be assigned to individual users or groups
• Users can administer their own accounts, add
new users, create groups, assign profiles
For more information please contact:
Laetitia Aymonin (North America)
Caterina Dauvergne (Europe)