High cost. Low returns. Poor fit. Low value. Low trust. Lost sales. Lost long-term business and relationships.
Helping Clients Succeed: Qualifying Opportunities is a method for sales people to break down the dysfunctions in the selling/buying
process and get real with trustworthy communication and disciplined business thinking. This unique methodology provides the
strategies, tools, critical thinking, and communication skills to transform sales people into trusted business advisors who, through
skilled inquiry, produce mutual understanding about the client’s values and needs.
Sales people and their managers need to:
1. Create value based on the buyer’s criteria rather than the seller’s criteria.
2. Get to the heart of business issues in a systematic and yet flexible style.
3. Understand of the underlying principles associated with opening dialog and building “trusted advisor” relationships.
4. Qualify an opportunity in terms of time, money, and people.
5. Establish a realistic expectation on the part of the client of what is required financially to solve the problem or achieve the
6. Learn whom they must see, how to get access to them, and how to develop a compelling rationale that is in the client’s
7. Gain clarity of one’s own strengths and weaknesses in communication skills and direct experience with new listening,
questioning, and conversation skills.
8. Understand how to handle difficult conversational and relationship issues while maintaining control and preserving the