1. What is it called when you use both hands to dribble?
a. double dribble
3. What is it called when a person takes too many steps with the
a. field goal
4. What is it called when you make a shot behind the arc in the
5. How many quarters are played in a professional basketball
6. At what point during a two-shot free throw may a substitute
enter the game?
a. Between the first and second shots
b. As soon as the official approaches the scorer's table
c. Before the first shot
d. Only after a made second shot
7. While taking the ball out under their own basket, a player
from Team A passes the ball directly to a teammate in the
backcourt. The official calls a backcourt violation. Is this the
8. How high is the regulation goal in the game of basketball?
a. 8 feet
b. 6 feet
c. 11 and a half feet
d. 10 feet
9. How many total players are on the basketball court at one
time during a game?
a. 5 players
b. 10 players
c. 12 players
d. 6 players
10. How many points is a free throw worth?
a. 4 points
b. 2 points
c. 1 point
d. 3 points
11. How many points are awarded when a shot inside the key is
a. 3 points
b. 4 points
c. 1 point
d. 2 points
12. When basketball was first made, which were used as the
b. square boxes
c. metal containers
d. peach baskets
13. A flagrant foul is a __________ ?
a. tripping foul
b. foul made purposely for harm
c. regular foul
d. moving screen foul
14. The player that brings the ball down court and runs the
offense is called the ________?
15. In a regulation game of basketball, what is the least
difference of points needed to win a game?
a. 2 points
b. 1 point
c. 3 points
d. 0 points
16. It is true that basketball was created in a YMCA because the
students had nothing to do while there was a blizzard outside.
17. What are the two lines at each end of the basketball court?
a. Base Lines
b. Free Throw Line
d. Half Court Line
18. What is it called when a person dribbles with both hands?
b. Double dribble
c. This has no specific name
19. Pete is dribbling the basketball and stops. George (the
defender) comes up and slaps at it, but Pete does not let go.
Pete then dribbles again. The referee calls a double dribble
infraction. Is the referee correct?
20. In a basketball game, an error is noticed in the home team's
scorebook: one player is not included in the lineup for the home
team. What is the correct ruling?
a. The team receives a technical.
b. The opposite team is awarded 2 automatic points.
d. The opposite team is awarded the basketball.
21. When a defender attempts to block a 10 foot shot and touches
it, while the ball is on its downward flight, what should the
a. Three Second Violation
b. Personal Foul
d. Three Point Goal
22, ________________- a player’s position between an opposing
player and the basket to obtain a better rebounding position.
a. Boxing out
b. Locking out
c. Full press
d. Forcing out
23. If an offensive player remains in the key (free throw lane-
the area under the basket) for more than 3 seconds, this is a :
a. Offensive strategy
b. Technical foul
24. A pass to a teammate who then scores a field goal is called
d. Ally hoop
25. A turn over is
a. Any loss of the ball without a shot being taken
b. Possession given to the other team after a foul
c. Bringing the ball back to your court to bring out
d. Awarding two cart wheels to a side due to a foul