Of Mice and Men Character Sketch
Directions: Select a character from the novel. Write a five-paragraph paper.
1. Write a detailed outline. (Follow the example written about Carlson.)
2. Write a rough draft and revise it using the 10 Steps (listed in your “Tips & Tricks” handbook).
3. After revisions, write a final copy. Be sure you have a title and follow MLA format!
Turn in: (in this order!)
1. Final Copy
2. REVISED rough draft
(Your essay will not be graded if you do not have major, visible changes
from your rough draft to your final draft.)
3. Brainstorm sheets
4. This handout
1. Be sure to introduce your quote – don’t make any quote bombs!!
2. Punctuate carefully. (Remember, the period comes after the parenthesis.)
3. Label each one with a page number.
“Slim said, ‘You hadda George. I swear you hadda. Come with me’” (118).
“This room was swept and fairly neat, for Crooks was a proud, aloof man” (79).