This return seeks summary information on the level of applications and sales of local authority dwell
Sales 1 paper return and asks for equivalent but slightly simplified information. It is essential in esti
applications and sales and monitoring the impact of successive to Buy legislation
Detailed information on all sales and transfers of local authority stock should be recorded on the Sa
The number of sales reported on Sales 1 should equal the corresponding figures on the Sales 2 and
Please read all questions and guidance carefully and complete all boxes and tables that are shown
Where totals are shown in blue cells (as background) please DO NOT overwrite the automatically c
Only complete these if figures for component parts are unknown/unavailable and no breakdown can
If a total is entered by hand, an error message may appear (to indicate the total is not equal to the s
these cannot be completed this should be ignored. If applicable an explanation can be entered in th
If you have any queries about the completion of the return after reading the notes, please contact H
The telephone number is 0131 244 7236 and the email address email@example.com
Guidance for questions
4. For questions 2 to 6, refer to all actions on applications that took place during the quarter, and no
received during the quarter.
5. For question 3, include the number of withdrawals (either before of after the issue of an offer to s
of households that failed to respond to an offer of sale. Exclude formal refusals to sell.
6. For question 4, include applications which have not yet reached a conclusion by a refusal, withdra
7. For questions 1 to 8 at Part C, do not include sales until all transactions are complete.
8. The right to buy on old terms should be recorded if the tenant bought their property under the righ
prevailed prior to 30 September 2002 (i.e. their right to buy for the property purchased arises from b
9. The modernised right to buy should be used if the tenant bought their property under the modern
introduced on 30 September 2002 (i.e. their tenancy (including as a result of voluntary transfer) or e
on or after this date).
ations and sales of local authority dwellings. It replaces the former
plified information. It is essential in estimating future levels of
ve to Buy legislation
ity stock should be recorded on the Sales 2 and Sales 3 returns.
orresponding figures on the Sales 2 and Sales 3 returns.
te all boxes and tables that are shown in WHITE.
DO NOT overwrite the automatically calculated figure.
own/unavailable and no breakdown can be given.
to indicate the total is not equal to the sum of its components). If
ble an explanation can be entered in the comments box.
ter reading the notes, please contact Housing Statistics for advice.
at took place during the quarter, and not just actions on applications
before of after the issue of an offer to sell) and the number
de formal refusals to sell.
ached a conclusion by a refusal, withdrawal or sale.
l transactions are complete.
ant bought their property under the right to buy conditions which
or the property purchased arises from before this date).
bought their property under the modernised right to buy conditions
ng as a result of voluntary transfer) or eligibility for RTB started
Issued March 2010
Quarterly Summary of Applications to Buy, and Sales of Local Authority Dwellings
Collected under Section 199 of the Local Government (Scotland) Act, 1973
Please contact Housing Statistics Contact Name:
in the event of any queries relating to this return:
Scottish Government Telephone:
Communities Analytical Services
Housing Statistics Branch Email:
Area 1-F Dockside
Edinburgh EH6 6QQ
Tel: 0131 244 7230 Year: Quarter:
Fax: 0131 244 0446
PART A: Applications received for purchases through the Right to Buy (RTB) schemes
Number of applications received during the quarter:
House Flat Total
Right to Buy (Old Terms) 0
Right to Buy (Modernised Terms) 0
PART B: Action taken on all RTB applications during the quarter (not just on those received in the quarter)
Right to Buy (Old Right to buy
1.Numbers of offers to sell issued during the quarter
2.Numbers of notices of refusal issued during the quarter
3. Number of applications withdrawn during the quarter See Note 5
4. Number of applications current at the end of the quarter See Note 6
5. Number of applications included at 4 for which the issue of a formal offer to sell is overdue
PART C: Sales completed during the quarter
Do not include Sales until all transactions are complete
No. of Sales
1. Right to Buy Sales to Sitting Tenants (Old/Preserved Terms)
2. Right to Buy Sales to Sitting Tenants (Modernised Terms)
3. Voluntary Sales to Sitting Tenants
4. Sales to private individuals (who are not sitting tenants)
5. Sales to Private Developers
6. Voluntary Transfers to RSLs
7. Tenants’ Choice Sales (Housing (Scotland) Act, 1988)
8. Other Sales
9. All Sales completed during the quarter 0
PART D: Valuations carried out during the quarter
Sitting tenant applications only
VOA Other valuer Total
Valuations during quarter 0
(Valuation Office Agency)
Please add any comments you wish to provide with regard to the information you have supplied, in particular
highlighting any problems you may have had with completing the return. (press alt and enter to move onto new line)