King of the Micro Trading Survey
1. How long have you been trading?
More than two years.
2. How did you start trading?
A friend introduced FXCM to me, and then I signed up for a demo
account. I felt great about it, and so opened a live account.
3. What are your favorite sources for news and/or your favorite technical
很喜欢看 dailyfx 的买卖信号，技术分析等等
I like DailyFX’s trading signals and technical analysis etc.
4. What pair do you prefer to trade?
I trade various currencies, depending on the currencies in focus in
I focused more on gold and silver in September because of the high
5. How long do you typically hold your trades?
一般都是日内，持有的话不会超过 3 天
Normally I do intra-day trading. As to holding positions, I won’t hold
more than three days.
6. How much time do you spend trading every day?
It depends on how much time I have. While sometimes I have time to
monitor the positions all day, sometimes I don’t trade at all for several
7. What was your most successful or memorable trade, and what was
your most unsuccessful trade?
功。其中 9 月 26 日黄金暴跌时刚好我捕捉到最低位置，后来报复性反弹
The last week of this month was the most successful. As gold saw
substantial fluctuations, I managed to evaluate its bottoms and peaks
successfully. I seized gold’s low in its plunge on 26 September, and
later realized handsome profits in its rebound.
I had many unsuccessful trades in the past. In my opinion, I failed
because I didn’t execute a limit when making profits.
8. What do you think your greatest weakness is as a trader?
Greed is my greatest weakness, and that is why I failed to execute
limits when making profits.
Also, I was reluctant to execute a stop after making a bad judgment.
9. What one thing did you do or learn that pushed you over the top?
平时交易就一直留意 dailyfx.com 提供的技术和基本面分析
At first I read an introduction by FXCM. After that, I read some books.
While I trade, I refer to technical and fundamental analyses on
dailyfx.com, including trading signals, before placing orders based on
my own judgment.
10. What kind of personality do you think you need to trade forex
One should be rational enough to overcome his weaknesses. If one
makes a wrong trade, he should learn to let go.
11. What do you think about forex vs. equities? Have you traded equities?
Why do you trade forex?
I have traded stocks in the past. Forex is fairer. You can go long or
short for profit-taking. And there is a variety of currencies for selection.
12. How has trading changed your life?
I spend less time outdoor and stay home monitoring my positions.
However, I have a deeper understanding of current affairs and
economic development of the world.
13. What advice would you give to a new trader?
尽管做了 2 年了，其实我觉得自己都算是新手。只能谈几句经验，外汇
Although I’ve traded for two years, I still consider myself a beginner. I
can talk a little about my experience. Forex trading offers you a chance,
but you have to evaluate your personal circumstances. Don’t speculate
with all your capital in the hope of making big money. It is like a
competition. Accumulate your experience and trade with care. When
you have accumulated enough experience, you can then slowly