HARVEST OF THE MONTH FOOD SAFETY
Food Safety in the Classroom
To ensure the best experience for your students, be sure to follow these food safety practices:
1. Plan in advance how to use your produce. The Food Service Worker (Cafeteria Manager) may not
be able to store produce.
2. Upon receiving the produce, check for quality of the produce. If there are issues, the lead teacher
will inform the Cafeteria Manager/Food Service Worker or visa versa. Your Cafeteria
Manager/Food Service Worker must inform Food Order within 24 hours. For further assistance,
call Abyz Dayrit at 818 609-2550.
3. Ensure that you and your students wash hands and wear gloves when preparing produce.
4. Wash all produce before using.
5. Enjoy the HOTM produce with your students!
2011-2012 Network for a Healthy California—LAUSD G5