CWSC Player Training Priorities and Goals for 2012-2013 Soccer Year
For the 2012 fall and 2013 spring seasons, the following are the Training Priorities and Goals for
all CWSC players and teams. Our Training staff and coaches will be focused on these priorities
during training sessions, player development and matches.
Technical Training Priorities
Our technical training will specifically focus our players on increasing her/his individual ability to
be more confident with the ball, maintain possession and compete with appropriate speed of
1. We will improve the technical ability of every player every season.
2. The quality of our first touch and control of the ball will be better than that of our opponent.
3. Our players will make good and quick decisions and play effectively when under pressure of time and/or space.
4. Thru our superior technical skills we will individually and collectively maintain possession against our opponents.
Tactical Training Goals
Our tactical training will specifically focus on playing as a team -- playing and succeeding as one,
unified, cohesive unit.
1. We defend as a team - every player defends and we defend to win possession.
2. We attack as a team, using multiple strategies including both combination and counter-attacking play.
3. We maintain possession and control the pace of the match thru our superior teamwork.
4. Our players understand and respect the Laws of the Game.