• You have decided to advance your career by trying out for a
program like Donald Trump’s The Apprentice.
• Since this is a potentially huge step with an enormous payoff, it is
important that you select the ideal opportunity that suits you.
• For parts 1-5, you do not need to answer every question in detail!
The multiple questions are given to make you think. You should
prepare at least a paragraph that addresses the issues that are
• Finally I do want you to tell me a story.
Part 1 - The Setting
• It is important that you identify the opportunity where you will
• State of mind
• Skills fully engaged, stretched
• Absorbing challenge, total immersion
• Powerful, built in motivation
• Work is a delight
• Eustress, adrenalin rush
Part 2 - Achievement
• What drives you?
• What do you value?
• What are you willing to commit to?
• What are you obsessed with?
• What are you passionate about?
• What areas challenge you?
• Where do you set high goals?
• Aside from money, what represents success to you?
• For what knowledge do you thirst?
• What new ideas & information do you seek?
Part 3 - Commitment
• What organizational goals will resonate with your personal goals?
• What are you willing to sacrifice to achieve?
• What do you believe in enough to make an unpopular decision?
• How are you going to change the world?
• How do you want to make a difference?
• What support must an organization provide?
• What makes you proud?
• What are you loyal to?
Part 4 - Initiative
• What are you proactive about?
• What problems do you anticipate?
• What opportunities do you see?
• What do you have the courage to pursue?
• At what will you persist?
Part 5 - Optimism
• Are you an optimist or a pessimist?
• How do you deal with setbacks?
• What can you change for the better?
• What gives you hope?
Tell (Write) Me a Story
• Describe the ideal apprenticeship for you, factoring in your