This costume is out of this world! This Halloween transform yourself into a space age alien!
• orange long sleeve shirt • 2 styrofoam balls
• pink faux fur • glue
• orange faux fur • gold glitter paint
• safety pins • headband
• scissors • 6 green pipe cleaners
1. Cut a bunch of blobs of alien skin out of pink faux fur.
2. To create tentacles, start by folding a bigger sheet of pink faux fur in half. Draw on 4 alternating long and short
tentacles. Round off the edges and cut them out with the sheet still folded to create 2 sets of tentacles.
3. Attach your tentacles to an orange shirt. Glue the blobs to the front and lie fur down under the sleeves to safety
4. Twist 2 sets of green pipe cleaners together and stick them into Styrofoam balls. Draw spirals on the balls for
eyes using glitter paint.
5. Cut 2 triangles out of orange faux fur and wrap them around the eyeballs to create lids. Glue them down and let
them dry for about an hour.
6. Create 2 spirals out of pipe cleaners by twisting them around a marker. Attach them to the side of your headband
to create antennas.
Did you know there’s a free web video for this activity with step-by-step instructions?
See all the fun activities for kids at www.activitytv.com.