SUNCOAST COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS, INC.
POSITION TITLE: LPN –STAFF FLSA: NON-EXEMPT
Under the general supervision of the Director of Nursing and the direct supervision of the Nursing
Supervisor, incumbent is responsible for providing support and direction for the primary care providers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM DUTIES:
1. Current LPN Florida license
2. Proven nursing abilities and problem solving skills
3. Knowledge of immunization schedules and IV certified preferred
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills
5. Good interpersonal skills/team player
6. Maintain a high standard of professionalism based on the State of Nurse Practice Act, ANA standards
and our agency policies
7. Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
8. BLS required
1. Provide support and direction for primary care providers in order to expedite patient flow
2. Assist the registered nurses and providers in triage, health education, telephone calls and emergency
interventions as needed
3. Participate in the supervision of ancillary staff as needed (primarily medical assistants working with
primary care providers)
4. Assist in all first aid/emergency patient care (i.e. monitor patients in the first aid room, call EMS,
report to hospital emergency department personnel)
5. Coordinate patient’s plan of care via phone and face-to-face with provider as needed
6. Function as telephone triage nurse for medical department to assist patients in need of medication
refills, referrals, or present to clinic as a result of outreach or recall letters when patient has been seen
within the past six months. All others should be referred to walk in area.
7. Provide cross-coverage during absence of immunization nurse. May be requested to administer
intravenous fluids for critical patients (certification needed) administer insulin or other injectables.
Administer oral meds under the supervision of provider or per standing orders.
8. Oversee Hillsborough County and Suncoast Community Health Plan Patient Assistance (PAP) in
conjunction with PAP coordinator. Train patient assistance program coordinators as needed. Log,
monitor, receive, store and handle all medications received at the Ruskin site from manufacturer’s
pharmacy prescription program.
9. Maintain sample medications cabinet. This includes receiving samples, entering to the log, and
10. Participates in mandatory in-services: CPR, Infection Control, Environmental of Care and OSHA
11. Other duties as assigned.