Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Division of Plant Industry
SOURCE TREE BUD CUTTING REPORT
ADAM H. PUTNAM Section 581.031 (3), F.S. / Rule 5B-62.005, F.A.C.
COMMISSIONER Bureau of Citrus Budwood Registration, 3027 Lake Alfred Road, Winter Haven, FL 33881-1438 / PH: (863) 298-3041 FAX: (863) 298-3050
Source Record Source Type Cutting Information Budding Record
Increase Scion For Increase Block (Increase Blocks can only be established from Foundation or REGISTERED scion trees)
Commercial Propagations the box for Increase Block and Plat below:
Variety – Clone Dooryard Propagations
enter enter For Topworking
BCR # Tree ID # # Buds Rootstock Block/House Row/Bench # Budded
Participant # Date Cut: Participant # Date Budded:
Signed Supplier: Signed User:
Signed Witness: Submit original to Budwood Office daily
(White - Original) (Yellow – User copy) (Pink – Supplier Copy)
FDACS-08172 Rev. 05/12 As an inducement for the Division of Plant Industry to distribute budwood, the user agrees to the terms and conditions on reverse side:
Page 1 of 2
This plant material is distributed subject to the terms and conditions herein set forth.
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services makes no warranties whatsoever, expressed or implied concerning the viability or
fitness of such plant material for a particular purpose or compatibility of scion/rootstock/soil/disease performance or that this plant
material will be successfully propagated and/or grown successfully for fruit production in any area. The Department disclaims any
responsibility and shall not be held liable for any failure or losses incurred by any user resulting from any defect of this material.
This plant material is not registered for freedom from citrus tristeza virus (CTV). This material may be infected with CTV. Buds may not
grow well on sour orange or other susceptible rootstocks.
A mild isolate of CTV may have been preinoculated into the plant material as noted for anticipated cross protection benefits. This mild
isolate may or may not be transmitted through the use of this material or be evenly distributed throughout the plant. Furthermore cross
protection could break down over time when challenged or result in mutagenized CTV isolates.
Plant material designated as "Early Release" has not been evaluated for horticultural performance under Florida conditions and is suggested
for Trial Planting only.
Citrus is susceptible to natural, vectored, and mechanical infection of certain virus or virus-like diseases and, citrus in its natural
growing state has been long recognized to produce mutant or off-type growth at various times. Now therefore, the propagator agrees to hold
harmless, release, and forever discharge the Department, its agents, and employees from and waive any and all responsibility of same for any
and all liability, claims, demands, actions, loss, and damage of any kind whatsoever sustained by reason of:
1. defects which develop and/or are discovered after the subject plant material(s) have matured
2. latent defects or diseases in the plant material(s)
3. genetic or other defect which develops and/or manifests itself after wood of the selection is sold to the propagator
4. genetic or other defect which develops and/or manifests itself in progeny of the subject plant material(s)
5. certain viruses or virus-like agents that may infect plants subsequent to the time of testing
6. certain proteins and virus or virus-like isolates that may effect the health of the tree
Transportation of any plant material out of state and/or overseas:
1. it is the owners responsibility for obtaining the proper import permit and complying with all the conditions therein
2. import permit must be delivered and payment received before budwood can be collected for shipment
3. import permit must be in English, signed, dated and have a permit number
4. name and address of consignee must be provided along with means of conveyance, declared port of entry, and any other declarations or
Submit Source Tree Bud Cutting Report to the Bureau of Citrus Budwood Registration, 3027 Lake Alfred Road, Winter Haven, FL 33881-1438.
1. deadline for submitting bud cutting reports is 30 days from cutting date
2. only the original (white) page needs to be sent to the budwood office
3. copies 2 and 3 are to be distributed to the supplier and the user of the budwood
4. the budding record on the right hand side of this form can be used for recording all commercial propagations
5. propagations intended for Scion and Increase Block source trees need to be platted in the budding record location and check marked
indicating their purpose as source tree
Further regulations pertaining to growing "Registered" or "Validated" trees can be found in Rule Chapter 5B-62
FDACS-08172 Rev. 05/12
Page 2 of 2