PALM SPRINGS MIDDLE SCHOOL
COLLEGE INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITY
Read each question carefully then answer to the best of your ability. You may ask
your PacerTime teacher to clarify any questions.
1. What are the two basic types of post –secondary education institutions?
2. How many years does it take for a person to obtain his/her associate of arts
(A.A.) degree, an associate of science (A.S.) degree, or an associate of applied
science (A.A.S.) degree.
3. How many years does it take for a person to obtain his/her Bachelor’s Degree?
4. Name two colleges near our community.
5. Name two universities near our community.
6. Name two universities in the state of Florida.
7. Do you have any relative(s) currently attending college? If so, what is his/her
name and how is he/she related to you?
8. What college does this relative attend?
9. What college/university would you like to attend?
10. In college, you can major in an area that interests you. What would you like to
11. Do you think college is expensive?
12. How can getting good grades benefit me when I begin choosing a college?