CO42029 Knowledge Management
Group discussion on knowledge sharing
First of all you will be asked to consider some of the questions from the
reading exercise set last week.
1. As a group, discuss the answers that each of you has found for these
2. Together, agree a group answer to the questions.
3. Record the answers on the flip chart paper.
4. Pass your flip chart sheet on to another group.
5. When another group passes a flip chart sheet to your group, you
should consider the answers on the sheet and then add your group’s
By the end of the exercise we should have several flip chart sheets that
collectively give the class answers to the reading questions.
Read the case study of Baleine Bleue and answer the following questions with
your group members:
1. Which of the main problems of knowledge sharing does this case
2. What indicators are there that the Calibro staff regarded knowledge as
a communal resource?
3. If you were appointed as a consulting team to Calibro, how would you
promote the firm’s knowledge as a communal resource?
4. What role did Baleine Bleue play in promoting knowledge sharing at
5. To what extent is there evidence here of incentives for knowledge
sharing? (Consider this question with reference to rewards, conditions
and infrastructure, as covered in the lecture.)