TERMS OF REFERENCE
FULL TITLE OF POSITION: Flight Commander
ABBREVIATED TITLE: Flt Comd
RESPONSIBLE TO: Commanding Officer & Squadron Warrant Officer
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Flight Sergeant
Flight Non-commissioned Officers
Flight Non-commissioned Members
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Responsible to the Commanding Officer and Squadron Warrant Officer for the operation and administration of the
1. Maintain records showing attendance of each member of the Flight.
2. Maintain flight telephone and e-mail lists and ensure copies are given to the Administration Officer.
3. Communicate with the Flight on a regular basis to ensure attendance and to disseminate information (ie E-mail
or “Telephone Trees”).
4. Report the names of non-effective cadets (cadets absent for more than 3 consecutive weeks) to the
5. Monitor the Flight to ensure prompt arrival at classes.
6. Ensure that the Flight is supervised at all times, except when released by a superior.
7. Assist and supervise subordinates as required including a log for problems and solutions.
8. Report directly to the SWO any difficulties, problems or unrest that may develop within the Flight.
9. Be in uniform at all times, except when otherwise directed (i.e. sports nights).
10. Ensure uniform standards are maintained by all members of the Flight.
11. Know the mandatory and optional training schedules.
12. Fill parade appointment of Flight Commander.
13. Any other tasks assigned by the Commanding Officer or Squadron Warrant Officer.
1. Act as Level Instructor as required.
2. Fill other parade appointments as required.
3. Any other duties as required.
MOC: Cdt RANK: F/SGT
Reviewed: 11 Aug 97