2817 Galena Ave.
Simi Valley, Ca. 93065
Video Game Artist 818.970.2631
• Extensive background in video game development, 3D modeling/texturing and web design.
• 11+ years experience creating 3D and 2D art in video games for the PC, PlayStation 2 and 3,
GameCube, Xbox, Xbox 360 and the PSP.
• Shipped 9 titles to date.
• Proven track record for meeting tight deadlines and milestones on time without compromising art
• Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to resolve complex art and technical related issues.
• Able to work well under pressure and with deadlines.
• Communicates effectively, both verbally and visually.
• Strong understanding of game development and adept at learning new methods and pipelines.
Mass Media Inc. (Moorpark, Ca)
Oct.2001 - Present
• Started as Associate Artist; given simple 3D assets to create.
• Acquired more responsibility and charged with more complex tasks, including multiple mini-game
environments, props, lighting, vertex lighting, UV/texture mapping and animation, vehicles and
characters for a variety of games.
• Gained the skills to create quality assets within a confined budget and time frame.
• Helped conceptualize game assets for prototypes.
• Mentored new artists in understanding company pipeline and workflow.
Gizmo Games (Los Angeles, Ca)
July.2000 - Sept.2001
• Responsible for creating shell elements and 3D assets for prototyped games.
3d Studio Max - Proficient Flash - Proficient
Maya - Proficient Illustrator - Intermediate
Photoshop - Proficient ZBrush 4 - Intermediate
Michael Holcomb | michael@pixelDomain.net | 2817 Galena Ave. Simi Valley, Ca. 93065 | 818.970.2631
Art Institute of Los Angeles (Santa Monica, Ca)
Associate of Science Degree in Computer Animation
• 3D modeling, Animation, Drawing, Typography, Video/Audio Editing, Storyboarding, Graphic Design.
Midway I & II (Play Station Home PS3) - Mass Media, Computer Artist 2009-2010
Stuntman Ignition (PS2 port) - THQ/Mass Media, Computer Artist 2007
Full Spectrum Warrior 2 (PS2 port) - Mass Media, Computer Artist 2006
Full Spectrum Warrior 1 (PS2 port) - Mass Media, Computer Artist 2005
The Bible Game (XBox/PS2) - Mass Media, Computer Artist 2005
Nicktoons Movin’ (PS2: EyeToy) - MassMedia, Computer Artist 2004
Muppets Party Cruise (PS2/GameCube) - Mass Media, Computer Artist 2003
Shrek Super Party (XBox/PS2/GameCube) - Mass Media, Computer Artist 2002
Pac-Man Fever (PS2/GameCube) - Mass Media, Computer Artist 2002
Star Trek DS9: Dominion Wars (PC) - Gizmo Games, Computer Artist 2001
*References available upon request*