English 110: Solberg
Carefully read the following sentences and correct any grammar errors you find. Some
sentences have more than one error; others have no errors. Label the kind of error you correct
(i.e. fragment, subject-verb agreement, spelling, etc.). You may rewrite the sentence or mark
corrections on the existing sentence.
1. I’m tired of the hot weather I wish it would rain.
2. The doctor dresses only in black, therefore she turns out to represent despair.
3. When the husband went to the kitchen, however, the wife went to the living room.
4. Although, I like the first season of the show better than the second.
5. In the novel that tells the story of a Chinese immigrant is one of my favorites.
6. Suzie, our eldest daughter who was ten years old and wanted to know if she could come
7. Everybody should have had their picture taken by now.
8. As a person grows up, they must assume more responsibilities.
9. The family wants to improve their standard of living.
10. The band played all their best songs.
11. In our class there is a student from Japan, a former soldier, and a grandfather of three.
12. Keisha said “its going to happen today Marianne”.
13. Some patient’s get private rooms.
14. We got ice cream everyday this summer unless it was raining.
15. As a child growing up in Mississippi, my mother taught me to treat all my elders with respect.
16. By moving the crates to the storeroom, it opens up a lot of space.
17. Jane heads out to the forest at night and thinks she hears her name being called at the
same time that Rochester is injured. This makes the story unrealistic.
18. Students tend to forget to floss their teeth which is why my new invention is so important.
19. The study shows students are reading fewer books. The study shows students are doing
more reading online.