Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
Revenue Fund Advisory Committee
A Revenue Fund Advisory Committee (the “Committee”) will be organized as an
ongoing committee to advise, consult and gather information in order to provide the
Vice Chancellor – Chief Financial Officer with input and advice regarding operation of
the Revenue Fund (the “Fund”).
The Committee will allow student input relative to Fund fiscal and facilities policy
management at the system level. The Committee will work with the Finance Division,
Office of the Chancellor, and concentrate primarily on the Fund as a whole.
Operations, planning, programs and other Fund activity that takes place on-campus are
under the purview of the campus president and should be dealt with locally.
The Committee is responsible for the following:
1. Reviewing available information regarding Revenue Fund activities, budgets,
facilities and other important system-wide functions.
2. Providing advice and communicating concerns to the Vice Chancellor - CFO
regarding the management, activities, facilities and other important functions of
3. Making specific suggestions and recommendations on the management of the
Fund. Consensus should be sought in decision making, with voting as
4. Periodically reporting to the Vice Chancellor- CFO on any positions taken.
The Committee will be composed of seven state university students, one from each
university, appointed by the MSUSA per Board of Trustees Policy 2.3; a student
representative appointed by the MSCSA from each state college with projects that are
in the Fund or proposed for Fund financing; seven administrators or staff members
from university and college campuses who possesses Fund experience; a representative
from the Office of the Chancellor Finance Division and two members each from
MSUSA and MSCSA.
The Committee will operate under the following process:
1. Meetings may be on a quarterly basis or at the call of the Chair.
2. There shall be a chair of the Committee, and chairs of any subcommittees
created by the Committee. The Chair will be chosen by the Committee and will
serve for one year.
3. Committee member expenses shall be reimbursed by their respective campuses.
4. Office of the Chancellor staff shall record minutes of each meeting, and
distribute other information as needed.
October 15, 2003
December 26, 2003 Rev 1
February 23, 2004 Rev 2
January 29, 2010 Rev 3