RULES AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. POSTAL ENTRIES CLOSE on receipt of official Entry Form on, or before, Monday 1st October, with
cheques made payable to “B & B Kingsclere Hunter Trial” (No entry will be accepted without remittance).
2. INTERNET ENTRIES will be accepted until midnight on Tuesday 2nd October; with payment made by
the credit/debit card or PayPal facilities offered.
3. LATE ENTRIES, subject to class space, may be accepted ON THE DAY with a surcharge of 50% of the
entry fee, or via the INTERNET, until Thursday 4th with a surcharge of 30% of the entry fee.
4. STARTING TIMES available: On www.bb-draghounds.co.uk (on Thursday 4th October from 17:00);
On the Course (on Friday 5th October from 14:30); or from the Secretary on 01672539248 (on Thursday
4thth October between 18:30 and 21:00). Late entries will not be given published start times, but guideline
BERKS & BUCKS DRAGHOUNDS
class times. Competitors are required to report to the start mounted and ready by their allocated start time.
5. COURSE INSPECTION will be possible on Friday 5th October between 14:30 and 18:00 hours.
GATES WILL BE LOCKED UNTIL 07:00 on Saturday 6 October and shut again at 19:00 hours on Saturday,
reopening at 07:00 on Sunday 7nd October. If you need to walk the course when the gates are locked,
please park your vehicle safely and visibly in the lay-by, near the horse box entrance.
6. REFUNDS less a £6 admin charge will be paid on production of a Medical or Veterinary Certificate. In the
event of bad weather or any unforeseen circumstance: No refund of entry fees will be made if the event is
KINGSCLERE HUNTER TRIALS 2012
POSTPONED; If the event is CANCELLED, entry fees and sponsorship will be returned less an
administration charge; If the event is ABANDONED, and postponement is not possible, refunds of 30% of
entry fees may be offered, at the discretion of the Organisers, on application, with SSAE, to the secretary.
7. ORGANISERS reserve the RIGHTS to: Withhold any prize or cancel any class because of
insufficient entries; Alter the advertised times; Refuse any entry with or without stating reasons; Alter the
course or leave out any obstacle before or during the competition; Eliminate any competitor not adhering to
rules; Eliminate any horse they consider to be unfit to compete. SATURDAY 6th OCTOBER
8. DOGS must be kept on short leads at all times, during the competition. Please clear up your dog’s mess. &
9. CARS are not permitted on the course in any circumstance, unless in an official capacity.
10. COMPETITOR COMPLIANCE & elimination: No horse may compete more than ONCE in each SUNDAY 7th OCTOBER
class. Horses must JUMP EVERY FENCE on their course only, IN ORDER, and pass between all
necessary flags. Competitors must ride CONSIDERATELY and give way to faster horses. Excessive use of
a WHIP is forbidden. OUTSIDE ASSISTANCE is not permitted, except to assist a re-mount. If a HORSE by kind permission of Ian, Emma and Andrew Balding
FALLS during any class, it is eliminated. (A horse is considered to have fallen when, at the same time, its shoulder
and quarters have touched either the ground, or the obstacle and the ground; or when it is trapped in a fence and
is unable to proceed without assistance). ELIMINATED competitors must leave the course immediately at a
walk. Competitors must COMPLY with Officials decisions and instructions or prejudice their further entries. at Cannon Heath Down, Kingsclere, Nr Newbury, RG25 3EJ
11. PENALTIES: COURSE / JUMPING ERROR PENALTIES will superceed TIME FAULTS in value and will
be scored as follows: 1st refusal = 20 penalties; 2nd refusal at same fence = 40 penalties; 3rd refusal at
same fence = elimination [however, competitors in Classes 1 and 7 may be allowed to continue, dependant
on ground conditions]. Fall of rider at an obstacle = 60 penalties; 2nd fall of rider = elimination. Penalties
are cumulative. Pairs Classes will be scored on dressing fences as described on the notice board on the
day. Prizes will be amalgamated and shared in the event of TIED PLACINGS. LOCATION: on the B3051 Kingsclere to Overton/ Whitchurch road, 2 miles south
12. SCORING: Competitors will be scored on their times to complete the course. Excepting Classes 10 & 12, of Kingsclere. Signposted from the A339 Basingstoke to Newbury Road at
the closer to the OPTIMUM TIME (OT), the less TIME FAULTS incurred. The OT is calculated from the
speed declared, over the course for each Class. A slower time away from the OT will be placed higher than Kingsclere. (Map on the web site.)
a faster time away from the OT. Use of watches capable of recording elapsed time is forbidden.
13. SPEED Classes 10 & 12: Parents, or guardians in charge, of young competitors are reminded that entries THE COURSE is run over undulating old downland turf, that rides well in most
are their responsibility.
14. AGES are the competitors age on the day of the competition. weather conditions. The fences are up to height, which encourages bold riding;
15. RESTRICTED AREAS: No competitor or horse is permitted on the GALLOPS. Competitors may only there are 20 - 30 jumps on each course and there are no water jumps.
jump the allocated PRACTICE FENCES.
16. DRESS: Hunting or cross-country dress to be worn. Crash hats in compliance with current British Safety WEB SITE: www.bb-draghounds.co.uk: has pictures of a selection of fences, latest
Standards are compulsory and body protectors strongly recommended.
17. NUMBERS: No deposit is required for the number cloths, but, please return cloths ASAP. information, additional schedules, internet entry facility and start times.
18. PARAMEDIC SURCHARGE: £3 per rider is required towards the cost of Paramedic Services. This is
required ONLY ONCE PER RIDER for any number of rides over the two days. SECRETARY: Diana Wethered, Westbrook Farm, Avebury Trusloe, Marlborough,
19. DECISIONS & OBJECTIONS: The Judges DECISION is final. OBJECTIONS must be made within
20mins of publication of results and accompanied by a £20 returnable deposit if the objection is sustained. Wiltshire SN8 1RA; firstname.lastname@example.org; tel & emergency: 07765405752
20. LIABILITY: The Berks & Bucks Draghounds, the Organising Committee, the Land Owners, all Persons
and all Organisations involved in this Hunter Trials disclaim all liability for any damage to any person, horse
or property, howsoever caused, whether by negligence or otherwise. Participants and spectators must
have their own insurance.
SATURDAY, 6st OCTOBER 2012 SUNDAY, 7th OCTOBER 2012
CLASS 1 MINIMUS: Junior Entry Fee: £18.00 CLASS 7 MINIMUS Entry Fee: £20.00
Riders: Under 17 years. Competitors who have three refusals at one fence may continue to the next Riders: Any age. Competitors who have three refusals at one fence may continue to the next
fence, DEPENDANT ON GROUND CONDITIONS . fence, DEPENDANT ON GROUND CONDITIONS .
Speed: Optimum speed 375 meters per minute. (Course length approx 2km). Speed: Optimum speed 375 meters per minute. (Course length approx 2 km)
Fences: Approx. 2’ 3” / 65cms. Fences: Approx 2’ 3”/ 65cms.
st nd rd th st nd rd th
Prizes: 1 : £19, 2 : £15, 3 : £10, 4 : £5; rosettes to 8th Prizes: 1 : £20, 2 : £15, 3 : £10, 4 : £5; rosettes to 8th
CLASS 8 MINIMUS / NOVICE: Pairs Entry Fee: £21 / horse or £42 / pair
CLASS 2 MINIMUS: Pairs Entry Fee: £18 / horse or £36 / pair
Riders: Any age.
Riders: Any age. Speed: Optimum speed 400 meters per minute.
Speed: Optimum speed 375 meters per minute. Fences: One rider to jump the Minimus, 2’3” course and the other to jump the
Fences: Approx 2’3” / 65cms. To include dressing fences. adjacent Novice course 2’ 9” course. To include dressing fences.
st nd rd st nd rd th
Prizes: 1 : £38, 2 : £20, 3 : £10; rosettes to 4th Prizes: 1 : £44, 2 : £30, 3 : £20; rosettes to 4
CLASS 3 MINIMUS: Senior Entry Fee: £20.00 CLASS 9 NOVICE Entry Fee: £22.00
Riders: 17yrs and over. Riders: Any age.
Speed: Optimum speed 400 meters per minute. Speed: Optimum speed 425 meters per minute.
Fences: Approx 2’ 3”/ 65cms. Fences: Approx 2’ 9”/ 85cms.
st nd rd th st nd rd th
Prizes: 1 : £20, 2 : £15, 3 : £10, 4 : £5; rosettes to 6th Prizes: 1 : £22, 2 : £15, 3 £10, 4 : £5; rosettes to 6th
CLASS 10 INTERMEDIATE Entry Fee: £24.00
CLASS 4 NOVICE: Junior Entry Fee: £20.00
Riders: Any age.
Riders: Under 17 years. Speed: Fastest or Optimum speed 450 meters per minute.
Speed: Optimum speed 425 meters per minute. Fences: Approx 3’ 1”/ 94cms.
st nd rd
Fences: Approx 2’ 9” / 85cms. Prizes: 1 : £25, 2 : £15, 3 : £10; rosettes to 4th
st nd rd th st rd
Prizes: 1 : £20, 2 : £15, 3 : £10, 4 : £5; rosettes to 6th Addit. Prizes: 1 – 3 closest to Optimum time: prizes in kind & rosettes
No competitor may win more than one prize
CLASS 5 NOVICE: Senior Entry Fee: £22.00 CLASS 11 INTERMEDIATE: Pairs . Entry Fee: £24 /horse or £48 / pair
Riders: 17 years and over. Riders: Any ages.
Speed: Optimum speed 425 meters per minute. Speed: Optimum speed 450 meters per minute.
Fences: Approx 2’ 9”/ 85cms. Fences: Approx 3’ 1” / 94cms. To include dressing fences.
st nd rd th st nd rd
Prizes: 1 : £22, 2 : £20, 3 : £10, 4 : £5; rosettes to 6th Prizes: 1 : £50, 2 : £30, 3 : £20; rosettes to 4th
CLASS 12 DRAGHUNTER TRIAL for “The Texano Trophy”
CLASS 6 NOVICE: Pairs . Entry Fee: £22 / horse or £44 / pair sponsored by The Wethered Family Entry Fee: £28.00
Riders: Any age. Riders: Any age.
Speed: Optimum speed 425 meters per minute. Speed: Fastest.
Fences: Approx 2’ 9”/ 85cms. To include dressing fences. Fences: Approx 3’ 6”/ 105cms.
st nd rd st nd rd
Prizes: 1 : £44, 2 : £20, 3 : £10; rosettes to 4th Prizes: 1 : £50, 2 : £25, 3 : £15; rosettes to 4th
KINGSCLERE HUNTER TRIAL ENTRY FORM
The Draghunt is indebted to the SPONSORS of this event and HELPERS who give up their time for free. Without these the event would not be possible. If you
would be able to sponsor, please add the amount to your entry fee: £10 (for a jump rail); £20 (half fence); £50 (fence); £100 (class).
SATURDAY 6th AND SUNDAY 7th OCTOBER 2012
CLASS NAME OF RIDER NAME OF HORSE Brief comments / Pony Club branch
Paramedic Charge (£3 per rider)
Details of parent or guardian required please if child is 16 years or under.
PLEASE COMPLETE ALL DETAILS IN BLOCK CAPITALS. TOTAL
POSTAL entries to be received on or by Monday 1 October 2012.
FULL NAME CHEQUES made payable to “Berks & Bucks Kingsclere Hunter Trial”.
No entry will be accepted without remittance.
Late entries may be accepted on the day, subject to class size, at a surcharge of
ADDRESS 50% of the entry fee.
No telephone entries will be accepted. Special requests / Commentators information
Entries and remittance to the Secretary:
TELEPHONE NUMBER(s) Avebury Trusloe
E-MAIL ADDRESS (if you would like to be informed, in future, of this event SN8 1RA
please provide e-mail details. We will not be sending schedules by post in
future.) I AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE RULES AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY.