Attached is the environmental document that I will need to submit by gHWYpN



Attached is the environmental document that I submit to Federal Highways for
their review and approval before work can start on your project.

At the top of the first page all you need to complete is the “Project Sponsor”,
i.e. Tonto NF – Mesa RD. This page must be signed by the person qualified to
authenticate the statements in the documents and/or attached documents. This
is not a contract or agreement.

On page 2 enter a description of the proposed project work under Existing
Conditions. Under Land Ownership and Land Use enter “SEE ATTACHED MAP”
and provide a map of the work area.

PAGES 1 & 2 comprise the “short form”. This is all that is needed from
federal agencies who have completed their agency forms documenting that the
appropriate surveys have been completed. At the bottom of page 1 you must
identify the documentation you are providing.

Project Sponsors who are completing a NEPA assessment from the beginning
will need to continue with Page 3. Also, the SHPO Review Form must be
completed, signed, and submitted with cultural surveys.

Page 3 is the key. You need to indicate if the condition/resource in the left
column is affected by the project. Not just for the initial phase of the project, but
any future development that will take place. If the condition/resource in the left
column is "NOT PRESENT", then in the "comments" state how that was
determined. You may reference an EA/FONSI/Decision Memo or existing
research (websites) that support that determination. You must provide any
referenced documents if not already provided.

If the condition/resource is "PRESENT", complete the corresponding page that
explains how the project will/not affect the condition/resource, how the project will
mitigate the effect, etc. The corresponding page is not needed for
conditions/resources that are not present. Do not submit those sheets.

You can manipulate these forms so that your responses fit one page, separate
topics, or delete topics that are not present as your need dictates. The form must
be signed by the party responsible for the research (if non-federal entity) and the
project sponsor.

I am available to assist you as necessary. 602/542-7130         rbb

To top