Company: CSSC Sports & Leisure
Position Title: Finance Assistant - Trainee
Reports to: Financial Controller
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
We are looking for a Trainee Finance Assistant to provide an efficient and effective service
ensuring that financial information is processed in accordance with CSSC procedures and
processes in order to provide management and statutory reporting information.You will also
respond to routine enquiries from staff/ customers and suppliers and ensure queries are
investigated as required. CSSC will fund and support you through AAT training.
1. Process all invoices ensuring they are distributed to budget holders, coded correctly,
authorised, posted correctly and filed promptly. Check and process any credit notes;
allocate as necessary.
2. Check all receipts for expenses, ensuring they are authorised and ready for payment
within set timescales.
3. Collect and distribute incoming departmental post, ensuring filing is up to date.
4. Support staff on all matters relating to income, invoicing & expense claims processing.
Provide support to other Finance staff members to help achieve the overall service level
agreements of the Finance department.
5. Assist the finance team in the preparation of the year-end financial statements and
supporting audit file as required. Assist with the on-site auditors.
6. Liaise with banks, support companies and others where necessary. Assist with actual
banking of all cheques received. Administration of petty cash payments.
7. Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary fo the effective
performance of the role and reviewing performance against agreed objectives.
8. Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for health
and safety, legal stipulations and general duty of care.
Person Specification (eg qualifications, skills, experience, training etc.)
High level of numeracy skills
Good standard of administrative and organisational ability
Keen eye for detail
Able to work within a group
Confidence in communicationg at all levels
Willingness to develop
Applicants will be required to complete a basic numeracy test if offered an interview.
Holidays: 22 days per annum increasing to 25 days after 1 year’s service. Plus
8 bank holidays and 2.5 priviledge days per annum.
Other Benefits: AAT training programme, Family friendly flexible working practices,
employee assistance programme, membership of the Civil Service
Benevolent Fund, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme,
vision care scheme, member benefits of CSSC, pension, free car
parking within Head Office, on site subsidised gym, life assurance.
Suitable candidates should contact Sarah Jackson, Personnel Officer at
email@example.com or on 01494 888401