The Ashdown School District assumes the responsibility of providing students attending its schools a high
quality education that challenges each student to maximum potential. The District shall endeavor to
create the environment within the schools necessary to attain this goal. The creation of the necessary
climate shall be based on the following core beliefs:
CORE BELIEFS OF THE ASHDOWN SCHOOL DISTRICT
1. We believe that all students can learn and be successful.
2. We believe that everyone must work as a team and support each other.
3. We believe that school should provide a safe and positive learning environment for all students.
4. We believe that all students want to be successful, and we must have high expectations for all
5. We believe that learning should be fun, relevant, and challenging.
6. We believe that every person is important and should be treated with respect.
7. We believe that everyone should be accountable.
8. We believe that mistakes provide an opportunity for growth.
9. We believe that all students deserve the best a teacher can provide.
The vision of the Ashdown School District is to unite parents, community and staff in creating an
environment of excellence and pride where students will choose to be successful
We will be a school/district with an unrelenting focus on learning. All students are expected to succeed;
failure is not an option.